Song Help Request Minuet in G major - Bach

VickS

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any tabs that are actually in the key of G. Anyone know where I can find tabs?

You know, I hadn't looked in a few years so it surprises me that nobody has done this yet. Even the John King arrangement is in another key! I finally did get an arrangement in G but since it's not my work I'm not able to share it - but in case you find this to be a helpful hint, it was transcribed for me from piano sheet music :)

I can't seem to find any tabs that are actually in the key of G. Anyone know where I can find tabs?

I'm surprised to hear that. Maybe I can cook up something. How fancy do you want it to be?

Cheers
Chief

VickS said: About as fancy as the original version

Ugh

Piano got 88 strngs. Ukulele got 4.

Cheers
Chief

Why does it really matter whether or not it was in the original key?

Given the uke's limited range (especially with re-entrant tuning), it's not uncommon for a key change to be necessary in order for the notes to fit comfortably within the range of that key.

Hi Nongdam

Good find but unfortunately it's in D Major. OP was looking for G Major arrangement.

I fooled around a little and there is a reason a G major arrangement is not common - the notes don't fall in nicely on fingerboard.......

Cheers
Chief

I fooled around a little and there is a reason a G major arrangement is not common - the notes don't fall in nicely on fingerboard.......

I got to thinking about that - to play it in G, one needs the high B on the A string at the 14th fret. Since a lot of ukes only have 12 frets, well... that could explain why most of the arrangements have been transposed.

The "Christian Petzold" one above is an interesting compromise; Wilifred Welti altered the tuning to ADF#B in order to play in the key of G.

janeray1940 said: to play it in G, one needs the high B on the A string at the 14th fret. Since a lot of ukes only have 12 frets, well...

Hello,

Here is what the melody comes out to be in key of G. Janeray1940-san nailed it (and I wasn't aware). The melody has to go to 14th (I use tenors so I got the 14th fret).

I just wrote out the melody and been trying to add the baseline. Most of places it can be done but I got a huge stretch in one place. I may have to cheat. Will post the finished version soon.

http://www.chiefnoda.com/ukulele/tab/MinuetinG(melody)(hiG).tef.pdf

Cheers
Chief

janeray1940 said: to play it in G, one needs the high B on the A string at the 14th fret. Since a lot of ukes only have 12 frets, well...

Hello,

Here is what the melody comes out to be in key of G. Janeray1940-san nailed it (and I wasn't aware). The melody has to go to 14th (I use tenors so I got the 14th fret).

I just wrote out the melody and been trying to add the baseline. Most of places it can be done but I got a huge stretch in one place. I may have to cheat. Will post the finished version soon.

http://www.chiefnoda.com/ukulele/tab/MinuetinG(melody)(hiG).tef.pdf

Cheers
Chief

If you don't mind a little suggestion, Chief-san - you could move some of the melody that you've tabbed out on the A string to the E and C strings. Much of it follows this moveable scale, if that makes sense:

d_scale.jpg

But yeah, those high notes - nothing you can do to get around those :)

Last edited:
janeray1940-san said "those high notes - nothing you can do to get around those"

Actually I've got a solution - artificial harmonics of 2nd fret. Pretty easy! I just have to figure out how to notate it!

Cheers
Chief

Top Bottom