Season 155 ~ Age Is A Journey

lelouden

Reaction score
Season 155. Age is a Journey. When I was just a little girl I asked my mother what will I be? Will I be pretty, will I be rich?... Then when I was seventeen I learned the truth. That love was meant for beauty queens. As I grew older I realized that it's a long, long while from May to December.
But the days grow short when you reach September... And....Here is the best part!..

Everyday we get a little older, a little bit wiser and a little better at this uking stuff. So, give me songs about age and its journey. This could be songs about childhood, a specific age or growing older.

Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ~Leroy "Satchel" Paige

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art. ~ Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle. ~Bob Hope

I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now. ~Author Unknown

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. ~Mark Twain

Guidelines for entries
-1. No videos posted before 12:01 am, Hawaii time, Feb 1.
Season closes at 11:59:59 pm, Hawaii time, on Feb. 8

-2. Ukulele front and center. Say it's for Season 155.

-3. Do as many songs as you like

-4. Multi tracking and creative videos are ok as long as you are in the video.

-5. All videos must be recorded this week.

-6. Multiple versions are most welcome. Don't worry about someone else getting to a song first. Do it anyway!

-7. Collaboration's please let me know who gets credit.

I would love to know when your birthdays are if you don't mind sharing it with us....And just in case I forget or you don't wanna share....Well then, Happy Birthday for 2015:)

Prizes will be a UkeyDave Tshirt.

“In the spirit of UkeyDave, Uke On!
Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 7.23.35 PM.jpg

Age Is A Journey!

Last edited:
Ohh this is going to be fun!!! Great theme!

Ooh, fun theme, Linda! I already have an idea for an original in mind. (Like I need another of those in the queue ... oh, well.....)

There's a Burns song or poem (I think somebody - Tommy? - did it already) about this theme - double-duty if you do it today. :)
And, you know, "Start Wearing Purple". :)

Great theme, Linda! The songs could be dark or uplifting. This will be fun.

This is one of my favorite musical themes. I probably have more than one original song that fits this theme, if I can remember them. But I can already feel my guts clenching up because I get about 1,000 times more nervous when I do an original.

Great Gang. Im glad you all like it :)

This is one of my favorite musical themes. I probably have more than one original song that fits this theme, if I can remember them. But I can already feel my guts clenching up because I get about 1,000 times more nervous when I do an original.

We love originals. Take a deep breath and relax about it. you know we will all love it! :)

Love this theme. Already got a few songs in mind :) This should be fun.

A serious quote and a silly video that came to mind:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -C. S. Lewis

And the video:

oooooooooooh great theme linda! i'll have to pick songs about being young because that's what i am :rolleyes:

linda : i'm sorry but between your birthday thread, which i have just bumped in the most wondrous and uber fabulous way, and baby :biglaugh: BEV's late sixties see-what-an-old-bag-she-must-be week, we all know you're a million years old

oh :(

MikeOnTheUke

That vid was great! I love him. If I had only seen this it may have been my opening vid:)

BEV

Age gracefully my dear..... and carry a big stick!

I can already think of 4 songs that I could do for this theme. Plus two more that are iffy, more about the general passage of time than a specific age.

Now that I finally posted a video for Season 154, I can learn a new one for this season. My goal this week is not to take so long! -and maybe post 2 for a change.

I can already think of 4 songs that I could do for this theme. Plus two more that are iffy, more about the general passage of time than a specific age.

There are sooooo many songs that can work for this theme. I would go with the more specific songs first:)

Now that I finally posted a video for Season 154, I can learn a new one for this season. My goal this week is not to take so long! -and maybe post 2 for a change.

Great job over there on 154. Im looking forward to your posts this week. Remember, have fun doing it:)

This doesn't sound as wild and crazy as I thought your week would be Linda, but I'm in. It's a great theme and quite a coincidence that just this morning I wrote a song about my childhood. This also happened recently with another Season week too. It's like I'm connected telepathically to this thread! Weird!

This doesn't sound as wild and crazy as I thought your week would be Linda, but I'm in. It's a great theme and quite a coincidence that just this morning I wrote a song about my childhood. This also happened recently with another Season week too. It's like I'm connected telepathically to this thread! Weird!

You can make it as wild and crazy as you like. I am glad you will be joining in this week. An original about your childhood. I am looking forward to that:)

Some wanted me to do the wild thing but.......Im just to wise with age :biglaugh:

That's not to say you can't but this ole house is getting shaky!

Today is my birthday too. So this is a perfect theme. :uhoh:

We've got a Wilton guitar shaped cake pan, so we just had ukulele cake. Mmm-mmm, that's good headstock!

Now I just have to get my voice back. I did some loud cheering for my daughter and her teammates at a track meet last night, and I forgot to yell from the diaphragm, so I'm pretty hoarse today. I may have to find an instrumental about age.

(From an old Mother Goose & Grimm comic): I've reached the age where I think about the Great Hereafter. Every time I enter a room, I stop and think, "What did I come in here after?"

Happy Birthday Jim :cool:

For you Im sending honey and Lemon! Enjoy :drool:

Unknown.jpeg

Get better. Ill be looking for you:)

Top Bottom