Season 155 ~ Age Is A Journey

(From an old Mother Goose & Grimm comic): I've reached the age where I think about the Great Hereafter. Every time I enter a room, I stop and think, "What did I come in here after?"

I think this every time I look in the fridge :rolleyes:

Just wanted to share this video. Aussie artists so you may not have heard it.
Wrinkles.

No, You are right. I have never heard that before. What a beautiful Journey in song. Loved that! Thanks for sharing that vid with us :)

You can make it as wild and crazy as you like. I am glad you will be joining in this week. An original about your childhood. I am looking forward to that:)

Some wanted me to do the wild thing but.......Im just to wise with age :biglaugh:

That's not to say you can't but this ole house is getting shaky!

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PiJi-zjZiI]

Interesting song - I did it 2-1/2 years ago, as a bonus for Season 22.

My favorite is still Rosemary Clooney's version, with Thurl Ravenscroft singing the chorus, though. (The guy who also sang "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=IZoKuaH88Ms&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-cl=85114404

That is a great repost Kurt. I too love Mary Clooney's version but she didn't risk throwing her hip out when she did it like that wild Shaky:biglaugh:

Last edited:
I have written two birthday songs recently naming specific ages. One was for our own dear Tootler's 70th birthday Season a few weeks back, which seems appropriate to repost below before the Season gets started, the other for my uncle's 80th birthday not long before that.

Tom Lehrer Club, are we still a club? I think you all know what we must do.

The theme in the Theme Music Facebook group this week is one-word song titles beginning with F. My age is a number beginning with F. Dare I?

I know this is guitar not uke, but this sdong would fit this season by my mate Del. I don't think I could do justice to such a beautiful song. When he played it live lasdt week I added some backing harmonica though.

If you enjoy it, give him a like.

In this pre-post phase still, I thought I'd like to remind you all of a song I wrote on this theme for the Season 80 "Books Week", a year or so ago. It is one of which I feel particularly proud. But I have to confess I had to go through the list of titles on my youtube page to find it! Appropriately enough, I knew I had written a good song on the theme, but I couldn't remember the title! :rolleyes: Here is "Losing the Plot"

OLD!? ...the hell you say...

I must have more songs around here somewhere ...

(much of the Features other stuff reminds me of Vampire Weekend. I like both groups)

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite musical themes. I probably have more than one original song that fits this theme, if I can remember them. But I can already feel my guts clenching up because I get about 1,000 times more nervous when I do an original.

That'll get easier the more you do it. :)

MikeOnTheUke

That vid was great! I love him. If I had only seen this it may have been my opening vid:)

BEV

Age gracefully my dear..... and carry a big stick!

I sing loudly and carry a little Machete!

I

Tom Lehrer Club, are we still a club? I think you all know what we must do.

Challenge accepted! (I apologize for looking and sounding a bit trashed--I had a kidney stone procedure done a week ago and am still in a lot of pain, and the painkillers do mess with sleep a bit. This is very therapeutic, though!)

I suspect I'm going to be tackling this theme a bit differently to most. This song probably shouldn't resonate with me anymore but it still does. It's for twenty-somethings who find their lives at a crossroads and that's where I'm at right now.

And here's a more light-hearted attempt at the above theme. Just in case anyone was worried. Must dash though, three videos in a day is unheard of nowadays!

Top Bottom