KinnardUkes Tenor Guitar

Kevdog

Reaction score
For those Uke players that aspire to play guitar, here is a way to begin without having to learn new chord fingerings. The tenor guitar tuned to DGBE or Chicago tuning uses the same chord shapes as a baritone uke which uses the same chord shapes as any other size uke (soprano, concert or tenor).

The tenor guitar allows you the sound of a steel string guitar and were very popular from the 1930's up through the 1960's. They were used for anything from jazz to pop to country and folk music. KinnardUkes is promoting the tenor guitar as an extension to your musical journey and opens up a whole musical area to explore. Incorporates a 22-7/8" scale with a 1-1/2" nut.

Here are some pics and a sound sample- you can find more info at the KinnardUkes website...

https://soundcloud.com/innardkulelesandtringednstruments/kinnard-tenor-guitar-latest-sound-sample

Kinnard Tenor-Tenor Update  1 27 15_2015-02-01_018.jpg
Kinnard Tenor-Tenor Update  1 27 15_2015-02-01_006.jpg
Kinnard Tenor-Tenor Update  1 27 15_2015-02-01_024.jpg

Last edited:
An outstanding sight and sound. Beautiful! Thanks Kevin.

I don't venture into the guitar forum very often, so glad I did. That sound sample was excellent, true steel string acoustic sound. The instrument looks lovely and I like the fact your have gone with a 1-1/2" nut, a number of tenor guitars are narrower and that never made any sense to me,

I had the pleasure of playing this and it really is very lovely.

Wow! That looks and sounds AWSEOME!

Top Bottom