Stagg US10 Soprano

I couldn't personally give a damn where it came from to be honest. The brand should be ashamed either way, but see no point in reviewing what it 'could have been' when so many people are buying from that source...

I'm thinking that the majority of the people buying that ukulele from Amazon, as their first ukulele, would probably not be the ones that would read Bazmaz's reviews anyway. And may be more influenced by the customer reviews on Amazon, which appear the paint the Stagg as a decent, if not brilliant, instrument. Many of them do recommend changing the strings though.

Last edited:
Sadly that is probably true - but I can only attract the readers I attract. If just one person googles reviews of this model and happens to come across my post, then I suppose that is all I can ask.

Sorry people I was out of this thread but came back because I was asked a question:

It is listed on Amazon itself as the number one best seller - not advertising - in the sales chart for 'ukuleles'..

On Amazon that doesn't mean that ukulele is sold more than any other but doesn't mean it isn't either. I could split hairs and say it is Amazon UK not US but From now on because you went all in on the comment lest just say it is.

Show me a single other uke for sale and shipped by Amazon direct that you consider to be good - and further, a single uke that won't benefit from a setup check before shipping. You know - the sort of check that Amazon DON'T give you.

If all you need is "good" not great that isn't difficult. This one has a 4.5 star rating buy poeple who own it, and is recommended by a "reputable" UK dealer. I have played this one, I find it good quality, but a bit heavy (mentioned in the review as heavy in a good way) and a bit quiet but I believe is intended to be played electric, comes with free shipping, gigbag, and a pick up for under $100 from an american company that offers a lifetime warranty. sold for $99. That is $30 less than you would get at guitar center. (G.C. is not the best place to shop, but the only place most people know where to get ukes)

Warranty : http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Nylon/Les-Paul-Ukulele-Outfit.aspx
UK review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZirA4M6F9mc
US Review:http://gx9901ukes.blogspot.com/2011/07/is-les-more.html
Starburst.JPG
What the hell is wrong with encouraging people to buy from a real music store and not from an online supermarket?

Nothing is wrong with either imo.

I am not saying that this uke would not be better if a tech at the shop checked it out and tweeked it. THe two that I have played did fine w/out set up and for someone buying a first uke they could buy this and if they are still playing it in a month or two they could then take it in if they think it could be improved by one. With all the ukes being sold most decent quality starter ukes end up in the back of the closet in a few months. (second review (US) talks about set up)

Last edited:
Because the bleeding just doesn't stop, and I'm not a fan of gore, after I post this message, I'm going to be unsubscribed from this thread.

I just can't bear to witness this any more, and I really don't care to see how it ends.

I've lost the will to live myself...

Maybe Brian1 works for Amazon being how he is blowing their trumpet.Go in a music shop even if they only sell cheap ukes and dont do set up's but at least the staff are interested in music,not like the staff at Amazon. Also this side of the pond Amazon are not the good guy's [tax avoidance]

Top Bottom