Puerto Rico

Rllink

Reaction score
I live in Puerto Rico part of the year. Down the hill from my place in PR is the United States Postal Service Post Office. I have a P.O. Box there. You can send me a letter from anywhere in the states for standard postage. You can send me a letter or package to my street address, and the USPS mailman will deliver it, he comes by every day. My Mother-in-law sends me skotcheroos every month in a flat rate box, and it costs no more or no less than it does to send them to my son in NYC, or my daughter in Des Moines. We also have UPS. The same UPS as they have on the mainland. The same FedEx. So why is it that some retailers will not send so much as a set of strings to PR? I have to have them sent to my address in Iowa, where they get forwarded down here. No extra cost, just four days longer to get here. Same with art supplies from some online retailers. This isn't a rant, it is just a question.

Last edited:
No my friend that is a mild rant disguised as a guestion. But I feel your pain, that would be very frustrating. What is more frustrating is dealing with below zero tempts and constently shoveling snow while you get upset that strings cannot be delivered to your hot tropical paridise. ;) Just joking,...........kinda, lol

No my friend that is a mild rant disguised as a guestion. But I feel your pain, that would be very frustrating. What is more frustrating is dealing with below zero tempts and constently shoveling snow while you get upset that strings cannot be delivered to your hot tropical paridise. ;) Just joking,...........kinda, lol
You have a good point. But it still aggravates me a little, and I wonder what the deal is.

Scotcheroos....you have Dutch in you family? Haven't heard that word in many years...my mom used to make them for me...favorite treat. Those who haven't heard of them would kill us for the recipe :)

I can totally relate. I live in Hawaii, which is a full fledged STATE and there are people who will not ship here, or charge exorbitant shipping fees, when USPS costs exactly the same. I do know that UPS and FedEx do charge more to ship here though, and there is no Ground option. :D

I live in Puerto Rico part of the year. Down the hill from my place in PR is the United States Postal Service Post Office. I have a P.O. Box there. You can send me a letter from anywhere in the states for standard postage. You can send me a letter or package to my street address, and the USPS mailman will deliver it, he comes by every day. My Mother-in-law sends me skotcheroos every month in a flat rate box, and it costs no more or no less than it does to send them to my son in NYC, or my daughter in Des Moines. We also have UPS. The same UPS as they have on the mainland. The same FedEx. So why is it that some retailers will not send so much as a set of strings to PR? I have to have them sent to my address in Iowa, where they get forwarded down here. No extra cost, just four days longer to get here. Same with art supplies from some online retailers. This isn't a rant, it is just a question.

If it makes you feel a little better, where I live we actually rate a star on the flag. I deal with shipping issues all the time. It sucks.

BTW I have family near San Juan and over on the southwest side of the island near San German. One day, I will live in Puerto Rico. One day.

Top Bottom