Hi

Kevin2306

Reaction score
Hello from the UK

New to the ukulele but have been playing guitar for too many years (currently a Martin D28) and play the Piano also.
Been toying with a cheap uke for a while now and tried a few sizes (small hands..lol)
Decided to go for a new Tenor uke and the one I have tried and like is the one listed below

http://www.southernukulelestore.co.u...h-Sigma-gigbag.

It seems decent build quality and the sound is pleasant (given that im crap at playing it). its about the top of what i would like to pay.

Any experience of this tenor out there?

The other one recommended to me is a laminate uke

http://www.southernukulelestore.co.u...-Tenor-Ukulele

Bit cheaper but doesnt seem as well built to me (plus the neck isnt as sleek)

So, apologies if this is in the wrong section but thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to pecking your head with questions soon

kev

Hi Kevin, I'm also in the UK, but I can't get your links to work. Can you name the 2 ukuleles you are considering, please? Hopefully, then someone can give you advice. I've bought from the Southern Ukulele store by the way, and can tell you that they will give you great advice in store or on the phone about your choices. Good luck with it all!

Ah sorry bout that.

Their main recommendations upto £200 is the Sigma Sum-2t tenor.

Upto £150 is the Barnes & Mullins bmuk2t

I've tried the sigma and it seems really good to me, solid mahogany with bone nut. It's also narrow at the nut and has a slim neck Which suits my small hands. I play a Martin d28 guitar which I love but can't stretch to a Martin tenor.

What do you guys think?

Kev

That Sigma has a good old traditional mahogany ukulele sound on the SUS web page video (I've found it now I know which ukuleles you're interested in :) ) which is what I was looking for when I bought my first ukulele - if that's what you're after I'd go with the Sigma. Which ever you get - enjoy!

Top Bottom