not season 156 - love and loving

bird's eye view of my ukelele

Reaction score
hey peeps just to keep us uke-in' til ohmless shows - and because it's time and pa will explode!!!!!!!

bring a song with love or loving in the title

as we hurtle towards valentine's day

i asked ralf if he wanted me to step in last night and he said let's wait and see if ohmless shows, so this isn't the season proper, it's just something to keep us amused til ohmless or a proper reserve steps in

eugene said he would step in if required too, over on the anticipation thread, eugene do you have an idea to keep us busy? we could have love or loving, plus your idea, as a double theme to keep us going, that way ohmless can show whenever

love. loving. bring it baby. if you fancy!

Good thinking, Lynda. Here's one of my favourites.

I blame Hallmark cards myself, but Valentine's Day's not really for lovers is it? It's for the lovelorn - at least it was in my youth.

It was a day for leaving an anonymous message for someone you fancied, but didn't have the courage to tell openly, that you fancied them - and for hoping they'd work out it was you who'd sent them that note, and that then the scales of despite would fall from their eyes as they looked at you as they'd never done before.

The essence of Valentine's Day, then, is surely anonymity. There is NO POINT in sending a Valentine's card 'To My Boy(Girl)friend/Husband/Wife' etc. Takes all the romance out of what should be a romantic day/gesture, at least in the original meaning of 'romantic.'

I know, I know: :deadhorse: :(

Last edited:
I blame Hallmark cards myself, but Valentine's Day's not really for lovers is it? It's for the lovelorn - at least it was in my youth.

It was a day for leaving an anonymous message for someone you fancied, but didn't have the courage to tell openly, that you fancied them - and for hoping they'd work out it was you who'd sent them that note, and that then the scales of despite would fall from their eyes as they looked at you as they'd never done before.

The essence of Valentine's Day, then, is surely anonymity. There is NO POINT in sending a Valentine's card 'To My Boy(Girl)friend/Husband/Wife' etc. Takes all the romance out of what should be a romantic day/gestute, at least in the original meaning of 'romantic.'

At least that's how it was in grade school. :)

I do love this idea of anonymous notes, Paul. I think everyone in a relationship should leave their sweetheart an "anonymous note" on Saturday, kind of like hiding Easter eggs about the place or something. That's very romantic!

One of my to-be-done-today Season 155 vids will fit here too, but in the meantime, here's a sweet, non-cheesy one from Yacht Rock week, Season 113:

The essence of Valentine's Day, then, is surely anonymity. There is NO POINT in sending a Valentine's card 'To My Boy(Girl)friend/Husband/Wife' etc. Takes all the romance out of what should be a romantic day/gesture, at least in the original meaning of 'romantic.'

In Finland St Valentines day together with Halloween are recent imports from
America. But in Finland it has been modified to be called Ystävänpäivä (friends day)
and if wikipedia is to be believed it only hit the shores around 1980.

Ystävänpäivä

well guys big thanks to everyone who's swung by for the season that never was!

it's early february and indeed a middle-aged woman's thoughts turn at this time to LURVE. not that i know that from personal experience, being only 29

well yes good point paul. i've never sent one of those anonymous "from a secret admirer" loving you from afar etc etc cards. i like to send 'em to people i am much closer too! and who i know i'll get a snog from! NO POINT WASTING GOOD MONEY ON A CARD YOU MIGHT NOT GET A SNOG OUT OF! ;) oh and i send a card to my dad too :p 'cos he's fab

obviously the whole business is just that, a marketing ploy, but who can resist a special day to tell your beloved you care? and fancy them?! it's nice to mention that every day of course.........

so sorry, I thought I was hosting next week, my bad. I'll make a vid real quick. I was going to have a love theme so all these will be included in the playlist.
well that's great, i'm so glad it was a date mix up, we were all kind of worried about you, and we missed you, and as it's a valentine kinda theme and vibe i think i can say..... we love you!

Top Bottom