Season 156 Sell Me Love

Finely done Kelly... more strength to your elbow. Excellent season and a timely wrap up.
That's the way you do it...

well ohmless that was so great! super season, great theme, and as many people have already said, prompt and excellent wrap. so thrilled that greenie and me did so well! congrats to all the winners and thanks again to ohmless for hosting such a super week

Kelly, fabulous job hosting mate. So much attention to detail and you truly made us all feel loved. Blessings to you brother.

Great week! Thanks for hosting! Congrats to the winners!

Omigosh, I can't believe I won something! (In spite of "Stars Fell on Alabama". :)) Since starting in Season 84, I have received a number of gifts and prizes from Seasons for all sorts of things - a couple of random draws, guessing the host's secret song, being inadvertently left off the host's poll, and once in a duo ... but this is only the second time I've won anything on my own on the actual merits of the song. It's very exciting - thank you, Kelly!

You were, as everyone has already said, a fabulous host. I hope we did a good job of selling you love. Clearly, you are much loved here.

[PS, for strings, check out www.Sweetwater.com. They have the best customer service of any company I've ever done business with, great prices on strings ... and free shipping on any size order. So you might save money on postage by having them ship the strings for you to each winner. You can buy the very excellent Martin fluorocarbon strings for 5 or 6 bucks a set, and you don't have to package them up, take them to the post office, or pay anything additional to get them to their recipients. Since you are buying a bunch at once, they might even give you a better price if you call them - tell them the price the other place will give you, if it's better - I wouldn't be surprised if they will match it. You can mention me to James, if you like ... I've never bought more than strings from them, but we have talked several times at length, and he has been incredibly nice to me. Plus they send you a big package off goodies with your first order. Amazing.]

Last edited:
Congrats to all the well deserved winners. Enjoy those strings, and hey we get to enjoy them too when you play us another song on them. Sweet! We all win. I was late to the party this week but hope to watch all your vids soon. Thanks to ohmless for the fun this week and the honorable mention too.

Great week Kelly, and absolutely heroic hosting there. Well done and congrats to the winners.

It is easier to go through so many videos when retired. Actually watched each one probably 6-9 times each. Been a busy week but loved every minute of it. Congratulations everyone!

I am quite honored to be counted among the short list. I was honestly thinking of not uploading the video at first because I didn't really feel like I had done enough. I'm so used to playing that tune with my guitar, and the transition to ukulele was a bit shaky in my mind.

Glad to see it turned out alright :)

Congrats to the winners. You guys seriously deserve it. And to our gracious host for taking the season by its horns, so to speak. X3

THANK YOU KELLY FOR THE LOVELY THEME AND FOR BEING SUCH A WONDERFUL HOST!
I feel so honored to be part of the list.\
Congrats to all winners! You guys are awesome!

I made a drawing of you, Kelly, inspired by one of your videos, some time ago. I dunno if you've seen it. Here it is. :D
BuddyJesusSmokes singing Let It Be.jpg

Last edited:
Favorite Collaboration - Big King Velour and BEV - Love is Strange https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxI1tdR_5PE
:(
Sorrybahtthat_zps9ff178ef.jpg

Sorry for the delay, but most of the strings were ordered today. One thing then another, but to be honest one of those things was forgetting about it unfortunately. For that I apologize.

Sorry for the delay, but most of the strings were ordered today. One thing then another, but to be honest one of those things was forgetting about it unfortunately. For that I apologize.

Ooh, I forgot too! What a lovely thing to be anticipating now. It's like Christmas all over again.

Strings arrived! Martin M600's from Sweetwater, with the giant package of sweets included.

Thanks so much, Kelly! I might try them on my Epiphone, which still has the cheap black original strings, which I am not crazy about.

I did recently exchange one of my two hot pink Minnie Mouse plastic First Act ukes for a blue Mickey, like yours ... and I put new Martin strings on it. I don't play them much, and I have it tuned up to D currently, so time will tell whether the improved strings make any difference at all.

Top Bottom