Season 156 Sell Me Love

ohmless

Reaction score
Being someone not naturally inclined for loving, I need some convincing that this is something even I can do.

For what chronologically is roughly the end of the third year for Seasons of the Ukulele I was hoping people would spread love and understanding to the world. Any song about love(it need not be in the title), peace and diplomacy will do.

How about an average of one song a day for maximum entries for a total of eight songs that can be done this week. There will be no bonus since there could already be potentially a ton of songs people will do.

The usual seasons rules apply. I am allowing songs you already have done as long as the recording is new. Contest will end Hawaii time next Sunday night at midnight.

Prizes: 4 packs of strings. I am thinking of doing one for my favorite, one for most improved, one for best original, and a random draw.

Have fun!

Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMaZgt105GF4nYyGKqtneigv6h6zvhgxj

Results:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...Season-156-Sell-Me-Love&p=1652366#post1652366

Last edited:
Cor! BEVOMU gets in in front of pa!

Kelly, glad you're well! Great theme. To clarify, you are asking for positive songs about love, peace, and diplomacy, if I'm understanding you? (In that case, I will keep my Tom Lehrer song to just Season 155. :)) Might write you a happy love song instead. Nice idea for this Valentine week.

And yeah, Lynda got in there first and guessed the theme correctly! You go, headless upstrum girl.

I am not picky. It is all good. Generally wanted to keep them positive but I think that might get cheesy if they were all positive.

I am not picky. It is all good. Generally wanted to keep them positive but I think that might get cheesy if they were all positive.

Well, all righty then. Would you like me to post the Tom Lehrer on both Seasons, then? :)
At least it will make you laugh.

Our illustrious host has already commented on this, but it's only right that I post it here. :)

I have three picked out so far!

My first song isn't to negative, it's a love/farewell song that most on UU have heard of.

Cor! BEVOMU gets in in front of pa!
lol!

well, only by posting last night!!!!!!!!!!

but yes blimey, wendy, i guessed right!!!!!!

oh dear i think i need to go lie down in a darkened room very quietly until i recover from the excitement!

ohmless - so good to see you, i hope all is well, we've missed you this past week

In anticipation of Season 156, I figured that (with VD coming up) "Love" would be the theme. As my wife's birthday and Val's Day are just a few days apart, I thought I'd surprise her with a video featuring her other true love, our horse Paddy. So I accompanied her one foggy day to the stable. Though the weather forced her into the arena for her workout, I think I got the vid shots I needed.

Feauring Brian on ukulele, Ubass and vocal, with daughter Anais on electronic penny whistle and chorus vocal.

If you haven’t had time to check out our eight song EP, here’s our soundcloud link:
https://soundcloud.com/fleffikon/sets/fleffikon-aurora

If you listen and like I would appreciate if you could comment on the post I made for the ep on the Seasons board. We put a lot of work into it, and it’s quite unusual and good (IIDSSM).

Last edited:
Kovering Kristofferson!

I was about to post to the pre-post upstart :D, when this opportunity arose, but I decided to do it again without the "not 156" tag.

Last edited:
" Peace and Diplomacy "...wow , how apt ...I am brokering Pussy Cat Politics and Harmonisation at the moment ,in the form of a young ..very young indeed stray mum to be that has washed up on our verandah and our 6 year old , Biscuit ....she has more tics than a Grandmother Clock at the best of times...talk about a Neurotic Cat ....and the Lizzy has buggered off to London for a few days to take tea at The Ritz !!

....and to top it all the bridge has just popped off me Omega Zedro....never ,ever experienced that ...Must be the curse of UU ....talk about something enough and it WILL happen ...*sheesh*

" Peace and Diplomacy "...wow , how apt ...I am brokering Pussy Cat Politics and Harmonisation at the moment ,in the form of a young ..very young indeed stray mum to be that has washed up on our verandah and our 6 year old , Biscuit ....she has more tics than a Grandmother Clock at the best of times...talk about a Neurotic Cat ....and the Lizzy has buggered off to London for a few days to take tea at The Ritz !!

....and to top it all the bridge has just popped off me Omega Zedro....never ,ever experienced that ...Must be the curse of UU ....talk about something enough and it WILL happen ...*sheesh*
My bridge popped of of "Bill Baily" my Mainland Soprano yesterday. No apparent reason... except maybe a black cat crossed CeeJay's path and put the hex on us!

Glad to see you Ohmless. Been worried about you. I hope you have a great Season. You can do it Kelly!

Last edited:
Top Bottom