Season 157 The Rainbow is Calling.

Last edited by redpaul1; Today at 09:09 AM. Reason: redacted to remove references to sweary Seasonistas ;)
i wonder who on earth you could have been talking about?

and more to the point............

what were you saying about me :eek:

I think I detect a problem with expanding beak syndrome :nana:
I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret <ooh look, uke joke :music:
or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me

Tip o' the hat y'all. I'm still working on The Daily Ukulele, but it's a big challenge for me and I try to add something new to the performance each time. Thanks very much for watching.

Happy Sunday to you, one and all, I've been away and unable to post, then up to my eyes in laundry and unable to post - also doing a deal of blogging (needed to be done pronto) and unable to post. So I hope I find a little time to post this week! Meanwhile I need to get over to 156 and squeeeeeze one in there if I can. Long-Suffering-Husband is cooking Sunday lunch so I need to be judicious today! Nice theme, Drew, sure I should be able to find something this week! I love a broad theme, it's user-friendly! :D

If anyone wants it, I did a tab for "Colour My World" a while back that you can use:

Colour My World tab

This song was played at my wedding. I have been working on this for Season 156 and have been having a hard time getting it to where I feel comfy making a video. I might try today. I love this song. I gave your tabs a looksie, but I have to play it in a different key to be able to sing it. It's such a great song. I can't do it justice.

Fine
whatever
find a colour
pick a song
bang it out
have fun.

but still no swearing no rude songs there're a billion songs out there without having to do that
I just want to keep it clean thats all. Thats ok to ask.

I may have Carpophobia so thats why the aversion to fruit colours.
cuz me mum was always telling me to eats me fruit and I hatez fruit
anyways I'm a simple man and thems the guidelines for this week.
Thanks guys.
yep paul you crack me up;)

Last edited:
Howdy gang and many thanks for hosting Drew, super theme managed to get a song done and a bonus for the other thread , unfortunately i have not been and still not well, got some bug so had to grab the opportunity to play when i can (close to the toilet) so i havent stretched myself ukulele - wise but wanted to take part.
Not technically a colour but a shade lol but one of my fave songs by my one of my faves, the man in black by the man in black.

I would have taken more time with this, except it was such a perfect song suggestion for Season 156, so I wanted to get it done for both. It does mention a "field of white", so it works here too. (I am about to venture out into the very real field of white outside my window, so I hope you don't mind a quick post-and-run).

I learned it from this really beautiful and way better version by Daniela and Hanbyul.

SOTU 157: Blue Moon of Kentucky

I had to jump in on day one this time. Thanks to crude video editing, I preserved the Bill Monroe version and DID NOT subject you to my attempt at the Elvis version! (I probably need the Jordanaires to make that one work.)

This one was harder to do then I thought, I've recorded about a dozen takes of this song and did some practicing in between even.
This is a song from their passengers (U2 and friends) album with fake soundtracks on it. This one was later published on the B side of a U2 single. This is Your Blue Room.

For men, salmon will always be a fish, never a colour! http://goo.gl/74KwNf

As a man and a professional artist what a terrible statement that could be if I were the victim type. ;)

Haha Seam Foam! What SEAm is that? That one simple typo makes the value of that chart much less. On another hand nobody says hey give me that banana over there and expects to be handed anything yellow but a fruit. Banana would be followed by the word yellow signifying you are speaking of a color. Peach is also a color used in the correct manner of course but bubblegum is not a color unless followed by the word pink. ;)

Again from the artists perspective black and white are used to create tints and shades. But I'm just having fun as you were hell science teaches white is with all color and black is with none while in art its quite the opposite.

I have yet to actually join in on posting videos yet I really want to host so eventually I guess I'll have to do at least one though that's a crummy rule. I usually try to find very obscure or very odd music to try to play on the ukulele so far I learn a lot from it and my own hanging around in the background, I just never get those songs anywhere near playable in a week.

I'm a natural adversary to a fault my natural instinct with a hat pull and no swearing mentioned is to find a song with nothing but and sing it beeping out or singing the beeps to the swears. That or:

In a town where I was born, lived a man who sailed the seas.

~cheers~

Last edited:
I wish I can partake on your week Drew... I'm just having a hard-time and haven't really played much uke lately because of the bump in my belly. I thought having boobs was hard enough, but with this baby growing inside of me, it's much more awkward... plus she moves a lot when I try to play, cause I think she can feel all that vibration in there since the uke is touching my belly.

Well that's my rant for the day. I'll just be on my way now. Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's!

I miss you all!

~Mina :eek:

For Season of the Ukulele 157 the theme is the The Rainbow is Calling. Here is "Blue in Green" by Miles Davis, played on the tenor ukulele. Miles Davis' original of this is one of the most sublime pieces of music ever created. I imagine Miles would have hated my version, but I just had to give it a go this week.

Last edited:
I wish I can partake on your week Drew... I'm just having a hard-time and haven't really played much uke lately because of the bump in my belly. I thought having boobs was hard enough, but with this baby growing inside of me, it's much more awkward... plus she moves a lot when I try to play, cause I think she can feel all that vibration in there since the uke is touching my belly.

Well that's my rant for the day. I'll just be on my way now. Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's!

I miss you all!

I hadn't heard about your pregnancy yet. Congratulations, Mina. Sounds like your uke playing is so fun that baby can't resist dancing. Probably should take that squirming as a compliment.

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes.

This is a song that really should be done and sung by an ensemble, but I wanted to learn it.

157th entry 2:

This is another black and white song. I didn't realize until I was recording it. Oh, it's a dirty song but now swearing.

I miss you all!

And we miss you much Mina. Hope the pregnancy progresses well for you and bubs. xo

I miss you all!

Congrats Mina! A future Seasonista in the making!

I miss you all!

That is so
AWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO.

Thats great news.

Top Bottom