Season 157 The Rainbow is Calling.

Thanks for the week Drew. Here's a little swipe at a song about my favourite colour. With extra cheese. :p Blessings mate.

Last edited:
I just got my song in for season 156, and am so impressed with how many of you have already posted! It takes me a day or two to pick a song then the rest of the week to try figure out the chord progressions or if I am lucky find a chord chart that works. I am working on some finger picking so I hope to do something different for this weeks theme. ��

Deep Purple... by Nino Tempo and April Stevens
Featuring a blood moon shot from my front yard in Finland

So how many songs are we allowed Drew?

Well he said. "If you find you have a ton of songs bursting forth from your ukulele there is another thread they can go into."

So I suppose if you have less than a ton of songs you're okay to post on this thread.

One song that would immediately be out of this thread is the song "Sixteen Tons". But He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother will not tip the scales much at all.

Well he said. "If you find you have a ton of songs bursting forth from your ukulele there is another thread they can go into."

So I suppose if you have less than a ton of songs you're okay to post on this thread.

One song that would immediately be out of this thread is the song "Sixteen Tons". But He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother will not tip the scales much at all.

I dunno, you haven't met my brother.

Queen's Fat Bottom Girls has the word Red in it so you can use it this season but you must limit how many girls are in the song not to exceed a ton.

Haha. Thanks for a genuine laugh out loud moment brother. :biglaugh:

Playlist is up on the first page, I will be making comments on the Youtubes.
Great performances so far.
Tons of smiles going around.

Queen's Fat Bottom Girls has the word Red in it so you can use it this season but you must limit how many girls are in the song not to exceed a ton.

Aha ...an opportunity presents...let me get ma dungarees .....

Unfortunately, "Colours of the Wind" is a good octave or two above my range...

You can copy/paste the music to http://www.logue.net/xpl and it will automatically transpose it to any key you want. Linda shared this site a couple weeks ago, and I have used it several times since...I used it for Colour My World, that I did this week.

This will probably be one that will be posted with many versions. As my wife and I celebrated
our anniversary on Valentines Day this one makes me think of her.

In the mid-70s, the Moody Blues got sick of each other and took a break for five years. This is a cover of "Blue Guitar", from the Blue Jays album that Justin Hayward and John Lodge made during the "time out".

You can copy/paste the music to http://www.logue.net/xpl and it will automatically transpose it to any key you want. Linda shared this site a couple weeks ago, and I have used it several times since...I used it for Colour My World, that I did this week.

It's in my key, I just don't want to butcher it by singing it an octave down.

Top Bottom