Season 157 The Rainbow is Calling.

play them both, record them and then make a choice, you'll know which one you will like the best.

Ok Drew, This was definitely a challenge for me. When I need a challenge I always turn to Doctor Uke's Jazz chords/songs. They are tough for me. This song switched chords about every two beats and it is full of some chords that will tie your fingers in knots if your not careful. I did play it slower than tempo so I was able to walk away with no injuries:)

I don't think Ill get lucky enough to enter another. My husbands B-Day is today, my daughters is tomorrow and another daughter is coming for a visit for a week on Wednesday. She'll be staying in my "Studio" so that will put a stop to things. Plus my destructive grandson is coming and I will have to hide all instruments for their own safety.

When I say destructive I mean reeeeaaaally destructive. Last time he was here he went for a broom to knock all my ukes off the hooks on the wall:/ He's five and its a wonder he is still alive. I've wanted to kill him many times:biglaugh:

JK!

As in Silver Thunderbird now there is a song for you.

Don't gimme no Buick
Son you must take my word
If there's a God in heaven
He's got a Silver Thunderbird

You can keep your Eldorados
And the foreign car's absurd
Me I want to go down
In a Silver Thunderbird

There is a chorus for you and not even a mention of a Capri :)

Oh yes! I forgot about that song. I was thinking of a different silver song. I love "Silver Thunderbird."

torn between two songs
feeling like a fool
posting both of them is breaking all the rules

torn between two songs
feeling like a fool
posting them both is breaking all the rules

:music:

Really, (trying to sound as southern as possible) you're a hoot. Okay, now that I failed at southern, I'll stick to Yankee...
Since Drew wants a challenge I'll go with "Colours of the Wind," it's way out of my comfort zone.

Last edited:
So, it was recommended that we stretch a bit for this one, and I did so with my first submission by trying to sing and play that the same time (and a song that really should be done by multiple people).

Here, I'll stretch my instrumental ability a little by trying to play something by Jake Shimabukuro, or rather, something that sounds passingly like something played by Jake.

Blue Roses Falling.

First multi-post week!!!

Last edited:
Hmm... I love having the situation of two songs stuck in my head for a theme, and both being total opposites in terms of theme and feel. XP. Gonna be a fun week

How about something completely different? The early to mid 20th Century was a time of great social upheaval, from women's voting rights to labor organizing rights to civil rights to renters rights to anti-war demonstrations, ordinary people were organizing at a pace never before seen. In the 1950s, a common response to this activism was to call the activists "Reds," meaning Communists. Wisconsin Senator Joe McCarthy championed this method of attack. The song I play today was written during the McCarthy era as a defiant cry against the red-baiting.

I accompanied myself, both on the Uke and vocally. How's that for organizing?

couple of colours - black and red - mentioned in this song, with a nod to all us seasonistas in the adapted lyrics. well known tune, done by every man and his dog, every woman too. Kiddies look away now...

I'm well out of my comfort zone here, as requested. I would have liked to have done a better job, but my finger was starting to ache. I'm thinking of taking it to the gym.

I’ve been working on this arrangement for some time. It’s from May Singhi Breen’s 1950 book, New Ukulele Method.

Please ignore the singing and direct your attention to the chords that change in each syllable—that’s the challenge for me.

(Oh, and it’s for Season 157—I misspoke in the video.)

Top Bottom