Maintaining settings on Behringer AD121 in transit

wayward

Reaction score
Having been thrown unexpectedly into gigging over the past year, I am on a steep learning curve. Thank you to everyone so far who has helped with my queries about all things electronic.

My latest worry is that the settings on my AD 121 will all be jogged out of position on the way to a performance - and it has taken a veeeery long time for me to work out the best settings on this for my concert ukulele/baritone ukulele combination. I have taken a photo of the optimum positions, but is there a more secure way of carrying this (now indispensable) piece of equipment so that nothing moves in transit?

Thanks again.

Aside from keeping it in a separate case where nothing can jostle it, your photo of the positions is probably the best option.

Used to have that dilemma on a much bigger scale - a band 16 channel mixer with their own EQ settings, levels, vocal settings etc. Really the only thing we could do was carry a notebook with optimum settings.

A case will stop things moving to a degree, but the case for our mixer was never quite enough for that either.

Thanks fellas - it's reassuring to know that I'm on the right lines. I wonder what cases you all use to carry leads etc...? I'm told metal ones are the most used for all this - any recommendations for sourcing reasonably priced ones?

On my acoustic amp, I use one of those white out pens and just put a little dot next to each dial. Works slick, and I could remove it with a fingernail or guitar pick if I wanted. Would work on a pre-amp too. And, I got my gigging cases off eBay ... but I've seen some on occasion in office supply and sporting good stores as they can be used for different purposes.

Last edited:
A white marker pen - of course! Thank you :D

I use whiteout too. Some musicians set their knobs then put a dot at 12 on the "Face" and a corresponding dot on the knob, so when you glance down everything is at 12. Makes it easier to see if something is off. some folks also use painters tape to secure the knobs.

I'm having a pickup installed in one of my ukes, and when I get my pre-amp dialed in (if my Fishman Loudbox mini is still asking for one) the whiteout pen will come out. Works awesome!

Top Bottom