Live Looping with a Roland AC33

wayward

Reaction score
I'm going to give live looping a go - should I get a Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch to go with my Roland AC33, or would it be better to get a separate loop station, and if so which one?

I went with the FS-6 with mine. The Roland already has the looper and the footswitch has to be cheaper that a separate looper. If you outgrow the Roland loop capabilities, you can use the footswitch to control the other effects.

Bill

I went with the FS-6 with mine. The Roland already has the looper and the footswitch has to be cheaper that a separate looper. If you outgrow the Roland loop capabilities, you can use the footswitch to control the other effects.

That's exactly what I wanted to know: thank you! :)

I played 125+ looping gigs last year & couldn't have done it without the Boomerang III. If this isn't your need, then maybe the Boss might work, but I sold the Boss RC loop station years ago and glad I got rid of it.

I played 125+ looping gigs last year & couldn't have done it without the Boomerang III. If this isn't your need, then maybe the Boss might work, but I sold the Boss RC loop station years ago and glad I got rid of it.

Thanks joeguam, I'm only just starting out with looping (and only plan to use it on a couple of numbers at this stage) so will opt for adding the footswitch to the looping facility on the Roland amp just now, but will bear your recommendation in mind if I decide to do more. As a one-time-"hater" of looping who was convinced that it has a place when used well (by responses on another thread I started here a while ago) I've already come a long way with my attitude on this, so no reason to suppose I won't want something better in the future!

I have an AC33 and understand how the looper works. Does anyone have a good example of a song that it could be used with?

"Wayward, check out the Manitoba Hal stuff, he uses loopers quiet a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Well, my Boss FS6 pedal arrived today & I've just watched a couple of great Manitoba Hal looping videos (thanks for that recommendation Hms - especially enjoyed "Who do you love"!) so I'm feeling inspired and ready for action :rock:

"Wayward, check out the Manitoba Hal stuff, he uses loopers quiet a lot.

Well, my Boss FS6 pedal arrived today & I've just watched a couple of great Manitoba Hal looping videos (thanks for that recommendation Hms - especially enjoyed "Who do you love"!) so I'm feeling inspired and ready for action :rock:[/QUOTE]

From what I remember Hal also uses other pedals in the loop. I seem to remember there is a video on YT about that.
I'm fairly sure he uses an Octave pedal, that provides a copy of what he's playing an octave up or down, plus a chorus pedal.
Now you have chorus built into the AC33 so you have another effect to work with.
I've been fortunate to have a couple of workshops with Hal, he's a superb player and teacher.
h

Try this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI1elD9oOe0

Last edited:
Top Bottom