San Francisco Bay Area 3rd Annual UkeJam By The Bay...any interest?

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Hi All, I was recently asked if I'll be doing a UkeJam for the third year in the row. The first one was good, second one was really good with Uke Ellington playing for us and I'm thinking about this year.

I think if I do it, I am going to shoot for April to hopefully avoid any of the big rain (well we have NO rain so it's probably not going to be a problem).

Just curious who is interested in attending if I hold in in April. It will be at the same place, on a Saturday all day if I do it.

Looking forward to seeing how many are seriously interested and would plan on attending. I'll create the song book as well for download well before the jam.

Cheers,

I'm interested. Not too close to the Reno Uke Fest Apr30-May3, I hope.

I'd love to be there again, Jay, but don't think it is going to happen.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, and if family and nursing home issues get sorted out, I will be there.

-Kurt​

Bummer Kurt, you would of sealed the deal for me ;-) Hope all works out ok. I may do May as I don't want to be close to the Reno festival ...very good point Rocky..thanks!

If you were hoping for any SoCal folks, be aware that April 18th has 2 ukulele events. One downtown LA, and one at Santa Monica High School. It's a shame these things can't be scheduled further apart. It is bound to dilute the turnout for all events.

–Lori

Thanks Lori. I think it will be May. Too many things in April. Now I have to see what is the best weekend in May.

Was wondering if this was going to happen this year- Reno is end of April early May so either before or after.... I look forward to it.... Might think about it for the end of March Jay....

Last edited:
As long as it's not Saturday April 4th, I can be there. And any Saturday in May is ok, too. Thanks!

Last edited:
This year I can make it!!

Last year was opening day of little league. Couldn't miss that experience with my son :)

Awesome Gary. Kev, Jim looking forward to seeing you. May for sure...way too many things in April, and March is not good for me so probably mid to late May. Figured a few folks won't want to do back to back uke weekends so I think a few weeks at least after Reno will work well.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone! I will nail down the date and post it soon. Not sure if Mark has seen this thread but if so he'll probably bring the SF ukers group to fill some seats like last year. Wow how time flies.

I might suggest posting the final details (or some sort of cross reference back to this thread) in the 'Uke Talk' forum. Thanks again!

Jay, next year could you please run this in Chicago. Thanks in advance.
#fearofflying #wintersucks

HILLARIOUS! #SunnyCA #75DegreesToday #OnlySunHere #amtrack #greyhound

Wish you could come out and hang and bring some of that Martin goodness with you!

I might suggest posting the final details (or some sort of cross reference back to this thread) in the 'Uke Talk' forum. Thanks again!

Howdy, I will post the formal announcement with all the details and cross reference everything. Spread the word...it's on for May (just not sure the date yet...but soon).

Sorry if I missed it but where would the location be? I'd be interested for sure.

Thanks

Howdy steel rider, it will be in San Francisco, CA in the SOMA district. I'll be posting a formal announcement with all the information probably in the next few weeks. I'm just finalizing a few things. Looking forward to seeing you.

Hi, Jay, I've been waiting ever since the last one for this announcement! I remember last year you had to coax me with offers of doughnuts and I was sure glad you did! No coaxing this year, although my playing hasn't improved one bit. However I'm hoping to bring a Favilla lookalike that I'm hoping to finish building by then, based on the one Ryan brought last year. I fell in love with the shape and after he kindly gave me all the measurements I have built two of them so far, but I'm hoping the latest one will have fewer boo boos! I hope Ryan brings his again as I'd like to make comparisons.

Bob in San Jose

If you were hoping for any SoCal folks, be aware that April 18th has 2 ukulele events. One downtown LA, and one at Santa Monica High School. It's a shame these things can't be scheduled further apart. It is bound to dilute the turnout for all events.

–Lori

Three. There is a festival up by Mendocino, in Caspar on 4/18.

Awesome Gary. Kev, Jim looking forward to seeing you. May for sure...way too many things in April, and March is not good for me so probably mid to late May. Figured a few folks won't want to do back to back uke weekends so I think a few weeks at least after Reno will work well.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone! I will nail down the date and post it soon. Not sure if Mark has seen this thread but if so he'll probably bring the SF ukers group to fill some seats like last year. Wow how time flies.

Hi Jay,

I'd love to come again this year, and once you finalize the date one of the Rebellion admins will post it as an event on the Rebellion meetup website. I know there are a number of Rebellion people looking forward to another one of your uke jams.

Most of May is good for me, but be aware that the West Coast Ukulele Retreat at Asilomar is May 13-17, so that weekend could be out for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Yay! I look forward to coming. I hope it won't be on Saturday, May 9th as I will be at the Giants game that day.

Hi, Jay, I've been waiting ever since the last one for this announcement! I remember last year you had to coax me with offers of doughnuts and I was sure glad you did! No coaxing this year, although my playing hasn't improved one bit. However I'm hoping to bring a Favilla lookalike that I'm hoping to finish building by then, based on the one Ryan brought last year. I fell in love with the shape and after he kindly gave me all the measurements I have built two of them so far, but I'm hoping the latest one will have fewer boo boos! I hope Ryan brings his again as I'd like to make comparisons.

Bob in San Jose

Sounds great Bob, now I don't have to bring donuts...wonderful!

Top Bottom