Season 158 - We Three Kings

frisbee fred

Reaction score

Welcome to Season 158!

We Three Kings - B.B. King, Albert King and Freddie King. Great blues artists all.

At least two prizes will be given away. One will be for judged videos and one will be by random drawing. The prizes will be Vermont Maple Syrup. Might do something special for first-time posters.

Standard rules apply plus one. In order to be eligible for prizes you have to have watched and commented on all entries to this Season. It would be preferable if you could make the comments on each person's youtube page. As a result, I'm limiting this Season to two videos per person.

Multi-tracking, other instruments, collaborations, etc., are all ok. Just make sure that we can see you playing your ukulele. Videos must be new for this Season.

No bonus or old videos - send them over to the Island!

Here are links to songs of the Kings:
List of B.B. King Songs
List of Albert King Songs
List of Freddie King Songs

Season 158 Playlist

Last edited:
Clevah! Both the theme / name and the commenting on all videos rule. Very cool, Fred!

Good idea! This will be a challenge for most. Happy strumming everyone:)

A huge challenge for me, Señor Fred, but for you I'll try.
I like your extra request that we make time to comment on more videos by other Seasonistas.

The reign of the blues has begun. Love the commenting challenge---nothing like Vermont maple syrup to encourage listening and commenting on each other's videos.

No Elvis? Just kidding lol!
Should be a fabulous blues week. I'll see if I can get an entry together but I won't be around much ( I fly to Chicago tomorrow morning and may be offline for some time). Have fun all!

ukuleledaddy - I bet that was a GREAT show!

Well I just saw that Freddie King has done a recording of Sweet Home Chicago. It would be fun to sing a version of this in my hometown. I'll do my best but it's a busy week ahead...

Last edited:
Nicely played Fred- great theme, great idea here...and dang that syrup is good ;)
Standard rules apply plus one. In order to be eligible for prizes you have to have watched and commented on all entries to this Season. It would be preferable if you could make the comments on each person's youtube page. As a result, I'm limiting this Season to two videos per person.

Happy to see a Blues theme. Chris is just learning some 12 bar blues and walk downs on the U bass. Should be fun. But do not put us in the running for the contest. Although we have visited Vermont and do love the maple syrup, we know we cannot fulfill the requirements to watch and comment on all the videos. I can comfortably watch and comment on about 5 videos a day. It has been creating some concern because I can not keep up and know I am missing some great music. I would love to be able to watch all the videos but do not have the time or the technical know how to make that happen. I hope we can record a song for this week and look forward to hearing alot of blues.

Here you go Myrna. Elvis just happens to be King! http://www.allmusic.com/album/blues-for-elvis-albert-king-does-the-kings-things-mw0000267683
Unknown_zpsfumvhelr.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
SOTU 158 Three Kings

Hey .Fred. I like the rules you developed for Ukulele Undergrounds Seasons of the Ukulele week 158 "Three Kings" contest. Clever marketing to get new folks involved too. Maple syrup is my favorite Sweetner. Check the Albert King link please I think it is Flaky.

Wallace is the Name of the first lion in captivity in an English Zoo. The Lion is the King of Beasts

Hey .Fred. Check the Albert King link please I think it is Flaky.

Yes very.

"Detective James Lee Wong (Boris Karloff) must find the "Eye of the Daughter of the Moon," a priceless but cursed sapphire stolen in China and smuggled to America. His search takes him into the heart of Chinatown and to the dreaded "House of Hate" to find the deadly gem before it can kill again. The popularity of Asian detectives such as Charlie Chan and Mr. Moto prompted Monogram Pictures to purchase the rights to Hugh Wiley's successful James Lee Wong character. Boris Karloff appeared in five Mr. Wong mysteries while on hiatus from horror films."

hehe

Hey .Fred. I like the rules you developed for Ukulele Undergrounds Seasons of the Ukulele week 158 "Three Kings" contest. Clever marketing to get new folks involved too. Maple syrup is my favorite Sweetner. Check the Albert King link please I think it is Flaky.

Wallace is the Name of the first lion in captivity in an English Zoo. The Lion is the King of Beasts
Thanks for telling me. The link has now been de-flaked.

Top Bottom