Brian May Ukulele!

Deaks

Reaction score
BMG%20Uke%20Antique%20Cherry.jpg

http://shop.brianmayguitars.co.uk/the-brian-may-uke/the-brian-may-uke-antique-cherry.html

Cool, would like better with the same oval sound hole as the guitars.

Looks great, but love to hear it though...

...to save others time converting GBP to USD (via http://xe.com) gives us a USA price of ~$285 not including shipping.

Thanks Booli....and congrats Dean!

Oh lord I want one.

Are there any reviews or sound samples of these?

Brian May Guitars own website has (only) excellent reviews of this uke, whereas an article from Acoustic Magazine on musicradar.com notes buzzing and intonation issues.

Is there anyone here who could report their own personal experience with this uke?

Too bad spruce top isn’t solid. I’d get rid of built in electronics and off are different, lighter add on option. Looks cool. Wonder how it sounds. I’d like yo see Grover open back on it.

Very cool looking. Love the shape and head stock. Body seems deep. I agreed, they should have gone solid spruce top and ditched the electronics . Make the electronics and option. Hope to see review ,BAZ, as no mention of tuner, build quality and can’t sell much for sound. Also, don’t know what the stock strings are. I like unique. Don’t mind all laminate if sound is good for laminate and it priced accordingly. Probably make in China which is fine. We need a review from someone. LOL thanks

I was contemplating having Bruce Wei make me a double cutaway tenor uke, but this looks like a good alternative. I put it in the cart and including shipping it's $292.26, the uke was automatically discounted to 183.33 Euros.

Brian May uke.png

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

With ukuleles as with everything else in life, you really do get what you pay for. This would most definitely not rock me.

Kohanmike, does above post mean you bought one? If so, let us know your thoughts after receiving.

Top Bottom