Can't join groups

Larry D.

Reaction score
Some are having problems joining a group that was started. Here is a second note sent to UU to find out what the issue is that prevents members from joining. I did not get an answer for the first yet which was over a week ago so I thought I would try the forum. Here is the note I just sent to UU.

I started a group "Cocobolo Ukulele Family Members" some who are trying to join are receiving messages that they cannot join groups. I have asked for their UU names and invited them with their names to join. I have received a message that stated something like "cannot join group at this time".

I am wondering if there is a waiting period before new UU members are allowed to join groups. If there is would you be so kind as to explain what the requirements for full membership are and how one becomes a full member. I know that I was a Jr. Member for awhile before becoming a full member but have no idea what allowed me to transition from Jr. to Member.

Thanks,
Larry D.

PS
This is my second request for answers for this issue.

Last edited:
I think you need to have at least 10 posts before you are able to join a group here on UU.

Great! I figured there was something that would graduate you from a Jr. Member to Member. Is that the magic number....10?

I read and re-read the forum rules. We are encouraged to join groups, but nothing says anything about a magic threshold which must be crossed before being allowed to do so. If there is some trigger that makes it possible to join a group, the rules should say so.

The message I get is that there are no groups for me to join. Perhaps groups have been disabled for some reason?

Thank you for asking the question. I am so new (and posts so few) I cannot even see what groups are available to join. I saw a post by LlyodAZ that he started an Arizona group, but of course I cannot see it yet. Good to know I need at least 10 posts. Here I tally my number up by 1 post!

Top Bottom