Andrew Kitakis: Thank you for your Web Site

Always a pleasure dealing with Andrew and his team.

When I buy an expensive Uke site unseen, I have full confidence in them to deliver a great Uke every time.

I have had a great experience with the following purchases and love them all.

* Koaloha Opio concert
* Pono ET-PC (tenor with cedar and macassar ebony)
* Kamaka 100th anniversary baritone
* Pono UL4-20 tenor guitar
* I'iwi tenor.

As Simon said above because these were all sight unseen, unplayed and unheard I am glad there is a place like HMS and Andrew that I can trust completely.

Andrew, Corey , Joel and Zach are my most trusted team plus Len ( Hawaii 50)

Andrew recommend the instrument
Corey gives his blessing
Joel does the set up
Zach takes picture of maste Joel working on my uke then ship to me in a timely manner
To top the cake:
Len writes hidden message on the box that I did not discover till three months later

This is truly a dream team!
Thank you guys! I have saved enough, it's time to shop soon!

Can I throw in my praise for the awesome folks at The Ukulele Site too?!

I've been fortunate to visit the boys at The Ukulele Site and HMS a few times and I can tell you they are the best from top to bottom. Everyone behind the scenes are just as amazing as Andrew and have made me feel welcomed every visit.

I always make time to hit up Wahiawa and Haleiwa when I'm on Oahu. One of the highlights of each trip.

(visiting Len too :) )

Can I throw in my praise for the awesome folks at The Ukulele Site too?!

I've been fortunate to visit the boys at The Ukulele Site and HMS a few times and I can tell you they are the best from top to bottom. Everyone behind the scenes are just as amazing as Andrew and have made me feel welcomed every visit.

I always make time to hit up Wahiawa and Haleiwa when I'm on Oahu. One of the highlights of each trip.

(visiting Len too :) )

Haha...thanks Gary and Brenda.....no better place to hang out than at the HMS store and warehouse..i am lucky Andrew and the gang let me hang with them.....I see the best ukes and understand how hard everyone there tries to keep us ukulele fans happy.....and I enjoy showing my friends the store and the Ko'olau/Pono warehouse...good fun!

not an employee but a good friend of them....:) when I retired I was lucky to be around Mike(MGM) for a little while too.....

Haha...thanks Gary and Brenda.....no better place to hang out than at the HMS store and warehouse..i am lucky Andrew and the gang let me hang with them.....I see the best ukes and understand how hard everyone there tries to keep us ukulele fans happy.....and I enjoy showing my friends the store and the Ko'olau/Pono warehouse...good fun!

not an employee but a good friend of them....:) when I retired I was lucky to be around Mike(MGM) for a little while too.....

When I come over you will have to give me the tour ... lol ... and find something for my kids and wife to do while I try each and every Uke at HMS ... I will arrive with a tuner.

When I come over you will have to give me the tour ... lol ... and find something for my kids and wife to do while I try each and every Uke at HMS ... I will arrive with a tuner.

haha...they got tuners there.....but for sure i give you a tour...I know Andrew would like to visit with you too....

drop them off at Turtle Bay for a day of snorkeling if your kids are young. Three tables is cool if they're older.

As a builder, I feel compelled to chime in on this HMS love fest as they are most excellent folks. Every day (or at least every week;)) they raise the bar of what constitutes a great ukulele with exceptional attention to detail and knowledge sharing in a space that still has information blackholes—though less so now because of places like U.U. and HMS. They've moved us forward championing critical parts like Gotoh UPT tuners, electronic pickups, proper set-ups, strings. I am personally grateful for the support and advice they have offered over the years as well as the high expectations they have set for the building community. Thank you HMS for continuing to push forward the golden-age of ukuleles!

Last edited:
I also have to give a big thumbs up and thanks to HMS as well. The best site out there and they understand how to create a community around the ukulele and serve their customers and create interest for new customers.

From giving tutorial videos, to tabs for songs, to letting you hear each instrument, to giving a lot of photos of the ukes from different angles, so you at least have a good feel for how it sounds and looks, since most of us cant drop by the shop to actually hold it and play it. This builds interest in the ukulele and gets people visiting their site often. Even when some of their employees tour and perform, this also generates more interest in the ukulele around the world and creates new customers. They create a community around the ukulele. And also giving good customer service keeps people coming back as well.

I have bought close to 10 ukes from HMS, so it does fuel my UAS, but because of all this and the service, I will keep coming back. Great job Andrew and the HMS crew. And thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom