Cant find solid electric tenor in UK

StigW

Reaction score
As title. Looking for a solid electric tenor uke with a proper body i.e. not a stick, and can't afford a Risa. Where are other manufacturers? Is it too much to ask?

They are out of stock here on Amazon. There was ONE, ONLY ONE available here in the USA on eBay and kissing snatched it up. Lol. The only other places I have seen them are eBay Australia.

And there lies the problem, ever since I started looking. I'm just surprised that no manufacturer seems to think there's a market here.

I don't know what your budget is, but Rob Collins is an excellent UK luthier. His website is tinguitar.com and he makes custom solid body ukes in all sizes. Baz Maz did a review of one recently.

http://www.gotaukulele.com/2015/01/tinguitar-custom-solid-electro-tenor.html

Good luck with your search!

Thanks also. Can't run to custom instruments. If I could, I'd buy a Risa which do seem to be available (!), about £500 = $775. Was hoping to get a usable mass produced one for about £200 = $300.

Thanks also. Can't run to custom instruments. If I could, I'd buy a Risa which do seem to be available (!), about £500 = $775. Was hoping to get a usable mass produced one for about £200 = $300.

There are a couple of Risas on ebay uk at the moment: an unused demo model for £299 (buy it now) and this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Risa-Soli...572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item234c156b94. If you can stretch your budget a little further I think they're a great price for the UK...

(I should add neither are anything to do with me)

I picked up a Teton solid body recently. Not bad. Action was way off and had to have it adjusted, and I'm not a fan of the fat C shaped neck (like a Gibson).
Otherwise, it's worth the money - if you can find it in the UK.

Pester http://www.southernukulelestore.co.uk/ about stocking the Vorson range. A few months back they told me they were working on stocking them but the more of us that show an interest will help!

The tenor "kidney bean" Risa with twin lipstick pickups isn't as "cool" looking as the LP, but it's quite a bit cheaper and has an amazing sound.

Unfortunately in countries that are not USA, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay a bit of international shipping.
Often, even with international shipping, it is a bargain.

Unfortunately in countries that are not USA, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay a bit of international shipping.
Often, even with international shipping, it is a bargain.
The problem in the UK is that customs charges are prohibitively expensive if you purchase an instrument from outside the EU.... but Risa is in Germany and a French company have been selling new Risa beans for £275 this week - so, despite the OP's negative comment, even if he doesn't opt for a fab Tin guitar custom model (which is probably the best value in the UK) he does have some good options.

The problem in the UK is that customs charges are prohibitively expensive if you purchase an instrument from outside the EU.... but Risa is in Germany and a French company have been selling new Risa beans for £275 this week - so, despite the OP's negative comment, even if he doesn't opt for a fab Tin guitar custom model (which is probably the best value in the UK) he does have some good options.

Sorry if my comments were negative. I'm just very frustrated that I can't find a reasonably priced instrument because I'm on the wrong side of the pond. As I said above, reasonable to me is <£200 (300USD). Normally when I suggest to a vendor of any article that I have this money in my pocket, they want to bite my hand off.

Thanks for all the useful comments above, all of which I am following up. Second hand Risas go for not far off new prices. Tinguitars did not reply to me. Southern currently have difficulty contacting Vorson.

Special thanks though to the member here who offered to ship me her Vorson, since she can always get another. I am not giving her name as I'm sure that she doesn't want to start an export business.

Top Bottom