Lanikai Lu 11 vs Lu 21

bpe

Reaction score
I know the question was answered a few times even on this forum but no thread has an answer to my question. Is there any other difference than aesthetics between the two? I've read that the lu 21 has rosewood fretboard and bridge and binding that the lu 11 lacks. Is there any improvement in sound quality or anything else than aesthetics gained from these? I know people like the lu 21 because of the white edges but I like it better without them. I am planning to order it from Thomann.de for 48.39 including transport. (It is the website that seems the most reliable from what i've seen) I live in Glasgow UK and the shops around either have shitty ukes and if there's any decent one it is about 20-30% more expensive.
Do you recommend me any other uke at this price?(£40)
I am a beginner that bought a polycarb Korala concert and doesn't like it (have it for a few days so far).

Ohana SK-10s came into picture. How does it compare with Lanikai LU 11? The shops in my city don't have them in stock so I cannot test any of them. The Ohana says it is coming with GHS strings. As I never seen people talking about them around here I suppose they don't compare with Aquila nylgut.

I have a LU 11. When I bought it, the guy in the shop told me it's identical to the 21 apart from appearance. That looked to be the case to my untrained eye. Mine is a little rough in spots, but nowhere that matters, and it's fine to play.

Top Bottom