Lanikai LU-21C or Hulala HO-2

delgadocs

Reaction score
Hi. I am still a beginner at ukulele. And, I am planning on buying one. However, my budget is only about $80.

Which one should I buy: Lanikai LU-21C or Hulala HO-2?

BTW, I have read many reviews about the Lanikai LU-21C and really a few with Hulala HO-2. And so, I would want to know the comparison of both.

Thanks in advance! :)

Aloha and welcome to UU, delgadocs. Glad you joined in and glad your looking at a uke!

What part of the world do you live? Getting a uke from a dealer that knows the instrument is very important. They will make sure it is playable, weed out the stinkers and will be there if you have any problems. The Ohana from Mim that Uke182 is a great starter. Feel free to contact her and she can help figure out your needs at your budget. (She's a joy to work with as well).

I wouldn't get either. I HIGHLY recommend getting an Ohana CK-10S:

http://www.ohana-music.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29781

Mim sells them with a full set-up for around $95. After her set-up, it will be far easier to play. She'll have more up on her eBay store tomorrow. Meanwhile, here is the link to her store:

http://stores.ebay.com/mimsukes/Ohana-/_i.html?_sop=2&_ipg=192&_fsub=1993996014&rt=nc

I bought the last one of these yesterday :) ... anxious to try it, and Mim's out as I've heard great things.

I had the Lanikai briefly and sold it to an acquaintance. It was poorly made, parts did not line up an the intonation on mine was terrible. At that entry level price range I would strongly recommend sticking with Kala or Ohana.

And keep your eye out on the Marketplace ads ... there have been some awesome deals on used "entry level" ukes lately. Even post a WTB ad saying what you're looking for. And at that price level... every $25 bucks will add to the quality of what you get. Pretty likely with some patience you can find a $200 set up uke in great condition, used, for $125 plus/minus change. Just a thought.

Top Bottom