Song Help Request All of Me - Willie Smith's cover

Banjolelame

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm just a new banjolele player who wants to know some great songs.
I've got the chords down for the song, there are only two things that continue to allude me. that would be the intro and the outro.

I'm linking to the video and hoping that someone here can help a new guy out. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated!

thank you guys so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1rq72wyno

Welcome to the forum, Banjolelame (I hope you're not trying to put yourself down with that name)! It's always wonderful to have another banjolele player around, especially one with an interest in an old song like this one!

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that the intro to the song you're discussing is a chordal sequence of C - Cdim - Dm - G7 played twice and articulated across single strings until the final G7, which is strummed once. He then plays a quick pattern similar to the one I've tabbed out below consisting of the first three chords indicated in that tab and going into the C chord that starts the song proper.

As for the outro, the sequence of chords there is a classic ending: a rapid succession of C - C7 - F - F#dim - G7. The finishing flourish is, in (attempted) tablature

- 2 - 0 - 2 - 3 - 1 A
- 1 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0 E
- 2 - 2 - 2 - 0 - 0 C
- 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 G

I trust you can put that into the proper rhythm.

I hope this is a helpful answer. If you need me to clarify anything, I'll try my best to assist you.

Top Bottom