Season 160 of the Ukulele - Make it Happen and Just Noodlin

Hey guys, with the google improvement there is a lot of ads coming thro ADblocker. Update the ADB lists and these go away.

Thanks for hosting the week David. Here's a wild beast of a song for 160.1, International Women's Day. One of the earliest and greatest ever grrrl power songs ever written in my opinion anyway. Cheers and blessings brother.

Funny! I was just listening to an obscure Monkees song today that I thought would be great to learn on uke and it here it is fitting perfectly with the theme 160.1 - Will record tomorrow.

Funny! I was just listening to an obscure Monkees song today that I thought would be great to learn on uke and it here it is fitting perfectly with the theme 160.1 - Will record tomorrow.

How's this? According to the time on your post, you've posted in the future. It says 10.21am and it's only 9.30 here just now.

Weird or what?

Update: I've posed 1 hr in the future too. I think I know what's happened. You folks over there are on daylight saving but we're not until the end of the month but someone's adjusted the clock for here as well.

Last edited:
Hope I am not late for Make It Happen! I don't know the time....your time....It's 5.55pm in Singapore now...

I LOVE YOUR THEME, David!!! It's the only thing I can do ....Noodling.
But here's something for Make It Happen.

A cover/noodling of "True Blue Lou" by Sam Coslow, Leo Robin and Richard Whiting....
I didn't mean it to be just noodling...
but I couldn't do any better than that with the time I have.
I can't sing and play well but I try to do it for IWD.

This song is about a girl who will do everything for her man,
even if the man gave her nothing.
I think I actually know someone like that...
and I think she tries to act like she is happy....
but her eyes look sad.

I am carrying my purple-colored leopard print knapsack...
for your request to wear something purple.

I hope my friend starts to love herself more....
and I hope all women who is like True Blue Lou starts to love themselves more too....

I got the arrangement from Ukersterbrown.

How's this? According to the time on your post, you've posted in the future. It says 10.21am and it's only 9.30 here just now.

Weird or what?

Update: I've posed 1 hr in the future too. I think I know what's happened. You folks over there are on daylight saving but we're not until the end of the month but someone's adjusted the clock for here as well.

Here too (where we did actually leap an hour ahead - it's now 6am (EDT), and says it's 7.

Looks like the forum maybe has a wrong DST setting that causes it to add an hour, when the system is already handling the DST shift automatically. One of the admins needs to investigate, and uncheck that. :) Setting software to handle DST is generally a mistake, because most computer's operating systems generally take care of that. Setting it in the software causes both places to add an hour, resulting in the software leaping ahead two hours instead of one.

And, now it's back. By the time I posted that, it was already fixed. My first post said 6:59, and the second said 6:06. All's well again.

And now, back to bed.....

Zzzzzzz.......

My entry to 160.1
I Am Woman - lyrics by Helen Reddy but I used a melody I've been fiddling with.
The shirt is as close to purple as I have.

Wendy your I Am Woman is private.

Weird or what?

Geoff, it just speaks to the fact that your ukulele ability is futuristic and out of this world. Your fretboard must be some sort of space-time continuum.

Some People Think Little Girls Should Be Seen & Not Heard. But We Say....

Don't think I've got time to do something for 160.1, but in the meantime, here's us performing the feminist punk classic from X-Ray Specs, live at the legendary, and late-lamented 12-Bar Club in London:

At the recent oscars an actresses was still pleading for equality in wages and opportunities.
We may have come far but not far enough... a wee song from Jim Horne

In My Cage.

Weird or what?

i had that happening too, i reset the time settings on my account to give me GMT-1 which is madness but it's giving me the right time showing on my UU page and posts

ok INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY YEAH :rock:

this is "rebel girl" by bikini kill

To anyone (obviously not anyone here) who questions why women are important or should be equal:

My body fed your body, son,
But birth's a swift thing
Compared to one and twenty years
Of feeding you with spirit's tears.
I could not make your mind and soul,
But my glad hands have kept you whole.
Your groping hands
Bound me to life with ruthless bands.

And all my living became a prayer,
While all my days built up a stair
For your young feet that trod behind
That you an aspiring way should find.