Season 160 of the Ukulele - Make it Happen and Just Noodlin

paul, would it make any difference if you made the vid a smaller file size? my upload today was 32 MB, do you have any options where you can save, or re-save, a vid, and pick different resolution options etc? my default setting for laptop footage was HD size and settings but blimey there is nothing HD about the video footage off this thing!!!!!!!!! so i re-save it now to something a bit smaller. just wondrin' if it might help???????????????? a bit??????????????

i know i am stating the blinkin' obvious here, so apologies if you've already tried or thought about this option and then dismissed it because it's a rubbish idea!

rubbish ideas are my forté :cool:

Last edited:
This is for Season 160 of the ukulele, a tribute to International Women’s Day.

#MakeItHappen

I do not own a purple item of clothing - sorry about that. But I do remember and wish to use this song to celebrate the awesomeness and courage of Gloria Steinem, one of the pioneer feminists.

This song by Argent came out in the early ‘70s, and expresses solidarity with the nascent “Women’s Liberation Movement” of the time.

and for those of us old enough to remember: "YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY!" (sorry couldn't resist)

PS does anyone know how to change the "category" of a post on youtube? Mine are always "People and Blogs" which makes no sense at all. I want to change it to read "music", but haven't figured out how. HELP!

Last edited:
This is for Season 160 of the ukulele, a tribute to International Women’s Day. I don’t do hashtags, nor do I own a purple item of clothing - sorry about that. But I do remember and wish to use this song to celebrate the awesomeness and courage of Gloria Steinem, one of the pioneer feminists.

This song by Argent came out in the early ‘70s, and expresses solidarity with the nascent “Women’s Liberation Movement” of the time.

and for those of us old enough to remember: "YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY!" (sorry couldn't resist)

PS does anyone know how to change the "category" of a post on youtube? Mine are always "People and Blogs" which makes no sense at all. I want to change it to read "music", but haven't figured out how. HELP!

When it is uploading, click on advanced settings (Right above the title) and I think it is the top choice on the right hand side of the screen. Or you can edit the same way after its uploaded.

paul, would it make any difference if you made the vid a smaller file size? my upload today was 32 MB, do you have any options where you can save, or re-save, a vid, and pick different resolution options etc? my default setting for laptop footage was HD size and settings but blimey there is nothing HD about the video footage off this thing!!!!!!!!! so i re-save it now to something a bit smaller. just wondrin' if it might help???????????????? a bit??????????????

i know i am stating the blinkin' obvious here, so apologies if you've already tried or thought about this option and then dismissed it because it's a rubbish idea!

rubbish ideas are my forté :cool:

There is something wrong...well thank you captain obvious!!! Even a 32MB file is still going to take over 30 minutes.

Wendy, your video is private.

Oy vey! Well, so much for YooToob's "Scheduled" option. And not enough sleep. I even checked it at 6am (before going back to bed), and it looked like it had worked. When I checked just now it said it hadn't saved that setting. Even though the "Save" button was grayed out last night when I left it, as if it had. Sorry about that. Will have to experiment with that setting some more, before relying on it again ... because it's a cool too to have ... provided I can figure out how to use it properly!

160.1 National Woman's Day. Completely forgot about the purple. Just pretend like I have purple socks on:)

If anyone is interested, the Stupid-Deal-Of-The-Day at Musician's Friend is a Banjolele for $199.00

H73331000001000-00-290x290.jpg

You can go there from here

When it is uploading, click on advanced settings (Right above the title) and I think it is the top choice on the right hand side of the screen. Or you can edit the same way after its uploaded.

I'm pretty sure you can also change the default for your account to "music" somewhere in your account settings. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what I did, a very long time ago, and that mine all now go to "Music" and I have to change that when I (rarely) do one that isn't music.

Happy International Women's Day, everyone. I was lucky to live in Portland, Oregon just as the riot grrrl scene started to really get going in 1990. The music and messages coming from bands like Bikini Kill, Huggy Bear, Heavens to Betsy, Excuse 17, Autoclave, Sleater-Kinney, Team Dresch, Le Tigre and many more bands of young, politically-engaged, musically-badass young women inspired me then and continues to inspire me now. BEVOMU already posted a killer version of this riot grrrl classic, but there's no way to have too many ukulele versions of Bikini Kill's "Rebel Girl".

Great one-day Season, BDU! Make it happen!

Last edited:
There is something wrong...well thank you captain obvious!!! Even a 32MB file is still going to take over 30 minutes.
i must have the cat's pyjamas and indeed the bee's knees of all internet connections, because mine upload in literally a couple of minutes

oh fibre optic broadband internet connection

i feel compelled to mention

you rock my world uh huhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:music:

If anyone is interested, the Stupid-Deal-Of-The-Day at Musician's Friend is a Banjolele for $199.00

View attachment 77101

You can go there from here

I'm working on repairing a banjo ukulele, needs a nut, a bridge and some strings. I hope there isn't much else after that, it's got old style friction tuners (not the screw style, the older violin style). She seems really old...

i must have the cat's pyjamas and indeed the bee's knees of all internet connections, because mine upload in literally a couple of minutes

I must apologize...my post makes it look like I am calling you captain obvious...LMAO...I was calling myself captain obvious...you are like captain punk rock upstrum ukulele chick!!

Fibre optic, where I'm at your lucky to get Coaxial (cable) internet, we have AT&T DSL.

Oh, cable company monopoly,
You are no friend of mine.
You think since your the one and only,
You can have my every dime.

I switched over to AT&T,
To avoid your sleasy but.
It may be as slow as slow,
But it saved me many bucks.

Oh that's why I have the
SLOW AS A TORTOISE, DLS INTERNET-Y BLUUEESSSSS

Last edited:
Season 160.1 I could not find anything purple to wear, so I made the whole screen purple!
This is one of the most ancient woman-empowerment songs out there. It was written by Joe Hill in 1911. The Rebel Girl.

Great theme this week. I threatened to post last night and here I am. I would have recorded last night but the beer had flowed earlier and I didn't want to record my sloppy self at that point. This is my version of "The Ladies Aid Society", another obscure Monkees song. I hope you enjoy and have a wonderful International Women's Day.

Here's an oldie from season 74 to help kick off the Women's rights theme. Great idea, BDU.

Doug, thanks for resurrecting this. Mrs. Winifred Banks has nothing on you. Your songs always have a high level of pizazz!!

Here's a great women's empowerment song I discovered for reggae Season that someone might want to do for 160.1. It's got three simple chords, repeated over and over. As usual, chart in my shared chart folder if anyone wants it.

After I did this song, some of us decided we needed to rename our jam group's all-female jams from "hen jam" to "lioness jam". And some day we'll have one. :)

Wendy, I am not familiar with this song but it does bring a strong message. I hope someone picks it up and runs with it. Thanks for getting it out there.

Top Bottom