how big are your ukulele collections?

Yep, I'm officially off my rocker... Just found a Lanikai SMP-TCA Solid Monkeypod cutaway tenor blem with electronics (that I'm going to change) for $124. Had to order it. That's my sixth.

Last edited:
Three, soon to become four. But I've got a bit of a tetraphobic nature, which means I'm either going to have to sell one, or buy a fifth uke soon :)

Aaaaaand over a year later - um, still three. Solved the tetraphobia problem by not counting the beater car uke :)

Currently I only have 6.
1. Mainland Red Cedar Concert
2. Kamoa E3T Spruce Tenor
3. Ohana Tk-20 Mahogany Tenor
4. Kamoa SM-P Mahogany Pineapple
5. Pelem Teakwood Soprano
6. Kaka Soprano

I had these 4 that were sold away:
1. Ohana CK-50MG Cedar Concert (I loved it a lot, but my friend wanted it very much. I had to sell it, but I got the Mainland as a replacement).
2. Kala KA-C Mahogany Laminate Concert (sold away to upgrade)
3. Kala KA-P Mahogany Laminate Pineapple (sold away to upgrade)
4. Makala MK-S Mahogany Laminate Soprano (sold away to upgrade)

this is really a funny post.

i just wonder how many ukes can a ukulele lover have? 50pcs?
i only have 1pcs of Soprano now and i am waiting my Kamaka Tenor Coming.

This thread started 5 years ago (2008), I wonder how the collections have changed since then?

my meager collection...my first was a Lanakai soprano LU-11 about 2 years ago, paid something like $45 for it and it plays fine, sound is a little plunky. Then I got a Kala KA-CEM and sold it when I upgraded to the Martin C1K, wish I would have kept it. Then just for fun, got the Luna Tattoo pineapple. And most recent the 30's vintage Martin style O. oh, the cowboy uke was my son's it's over 30 years old and only has 2 strings on it, but it actually doesn't sound too bad ;-D might try to put some real uke strings on it.
IMG_1539.jpg

Last edited:
Resurrecting this old thread, It's now 2017! I've been lurking around these forums for awhile now and I recognize many usernames that still post today. For those that are still around, I'm interested to know how your collection has changed over the years. Please share!

I've gone through at least 30, and have gone on a huge diet to under 10!

I'm only a recent convert to ukes, but I've accumulated eighteen(!).
I say accumulated, because I don't really play them all, my preference was for concert scale when I started, but this has changed to tenor scale small bodied ukes now. :)
I still have every uke that I bought along the way, (but am planning on gifting four of my earlier ones).
UAS was to blame, of course, but I'm cured now. ;)

I've only been playing (or attempting to learn) for 4 months and I already have 3!

Kala KA CEME Concert (for my office)
Kala KA STG Tenor (for everywhere) bought used
Fluke Concert from Craigslist--haven't played much yet

Even though I am barely able to strum and/or chord, I'm now thinking of getting a soprano...

I play the dulcimer too and have....too many.

Dont know fer sure but maybe the count is somefin like eleventy-six as of now...

Where on earth do you stash then all....... :rolleyes:

Aye - and there's the rub!

One needs to convert a bedroom into a humidor!

hmmm...maybe it was eleventy-nine? I just dunno, stopped counting after the dozen
:smileybounce:

I own four sopranos,one sopranino,a concert
and a tenor.Then I have a concert B/U. They
keep me happy,and range from cheap and cheerful
to luthier built instruments!

My numbers are down from one or two years ago. But that was the plan....... buy..... try, then sell the ones that were not for me.

I currently have 3 baritones, 6 tenors, 1 super concert, 1 concert, 1 long neck soprano for a total of 12 ukes in the house. My LfdM baritone will be completed soon so that will make 13. That is a bad number so I guess I have to buy another uke ;)

Dave I'll gladly take your rejected tenor so you have a nice daily dozen.Jim.

Last edited:
My numbers are down from one or two years ago. But that was the plan....... buy..... try, then sell the ones that were not for me.

I currently have 3 baritones, 6 tenors, 1 super concert, 1 concert, 1 long neck soprano for a total of 12 ukes in the house. My LfdM baritone will be completed soon so that will make 13. That is a bad number so I guess I have to buy another uke ;)

I did not know you have a concert. You have been hiding it from me

I have 9 middle of the road quality ukes. Non were expensive.
I also have about 10 homemade ukes.
I love each and every one.

Top Bottom