how big are your ukulele collections?

I have the first black mahalo (with sparkles, Yeah!), still play that every once in a while. I bought a tenor/travel banjo and strung it up as a tenor uke, loud sound, awesome to play. I received a Lehua Tenor for xmas, play that 99% of the time... except that on Friday I purchased a banjo-mandolin that is going to get strung up as an 8 string banjouke! should get it in the mail early next week... cant wait!

10 Ukuleles...
round.jpg

3 Brükos
2 Billy Ray (Les Paul & Telecaster)
2 Ovation/Applause (Tenor & Soprano)
2 Johnson (Resonator & Bariton)
1 Schaepe

what the...! thats plain nutty!:D

1. Lanikai Koa Tenor w/aquilla strings

2. Koaloha DVI 6string (guitar uke) w/ custom Worth Strings

Hi,

Ukuleles...

Tinny Chinese Phoenix PU-(I kid you not)-211
Aria Concert ACU-250 (current offered for sale on Australian Trading post)
Ohana SK-25 soprano (on the way, but not yet arrived)
Cole Clark Ukelady 3 (soprano/concert)

Aria Sold, so I'm down to three--a ukulele pauper!

I have three ukuleles:

Lanikai LU-21B Baritone
Aloha Royal No. 2654 Soprano
Oscar Schmidt OU2 Concert

I just need to buy a tenor to have one of each. :) Except my wife doesn't see the point. :(

Someone should post a poll to ask how many ukuleles do you own vs. level of experience. I'm still an advanced beginner.. Well, maybe a beginning intermediate...

I have 9 now with a Martin style 3 on the way. All sopranos with 1 concert. Some are cheapy toys but my players are; Tiki King Flea, vintage no name that screams like a banshee, and my Samich concert with D tuning. I expect the Martin to be my main player when it comes.:cool:

I've got 1 :(

Ask me how many basses I have though :D

Two:

1. Hilo soprano
2. Lanikai concert

I bought the Hilo a couple years ago when I was homesick for Hawaii and saw it in a music store here in California. Got frustrated because I couldn't tune it (when I was a kid the grownups would always tune them for me!), so I put it under my bed and forgot about it.

Last Nov, I got back from Maui and was all fired up to learn! I figured out how to tune, learned a few songs, but had trouble making the chords with my fingers, so I bought the bigger Lanikai and been playing that for a couple months. Weird, but now its not so hard to go back and play the soprano size!

If I can keep getting better, I think I'm going to start looking for a Hawaiian-made koa...
:D

I almost afraid to post this but, here we go now you have to promise that no one will get jealous, and dont ask me to try ti out cause I am the only one that touches it! I only have one and she has been pretty good to me, so here it is.
Concert sizes HILO, thats right a HILO. There is only like a million or so pushed out of the chinese sweat shop everyday. There pretty hard to get ahold of if yea know what I mean.:p

Here's everything:

666.jpg

Sponge Bob w/1961 Silvertone...........................................................................Dog W/Mini Sopranini
Epi PeeWeeVee.............20's Slingerland May Bell.................Kala Archtop Tenor...............?Vintage Manjo?
'74 Ianez Les Paul...Kim Daniels Classical...70's Ovation Bass (Thumper?)...Gretsch G3900 Syncromatic...'88 Gibson SG Special II

that's a Total F'ing nice collection you got there SnakeOiler!

here's mine:

instrument_ohana.jpg

2 ukes so far. more on the way i'm sure.:):):)

Yes, my UAS has only recently surpassed my GAS. They're cheaper and cuter. Next I want an Akulele and then a metal resonator and then a solid body electric and then..................

Here's everything:

Sponge Bob w/1961 Silvertone...........................................................................Dog W/Mini Sopranini
Epi PeeWeeVee.............20's Slingerland May Bell.................Kala Archtop Tenor...............?Vintage Manjo?
'74 Ianez Les Paul...Kim Daniels Classical...70's Ovation Bass (Thumper?)...Gretsch G3900 Syncromatic...'88 Gibson SG Special II

I REALLY LOVE YOUR 88 GIBSON SG SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!

I've only been playing for... wow, less than four months? And I just purchased my third... I'm getting a bit obsessive, even though I'm still s** as a player.

My collection:

Kala KA-S (soprano, thus the S.)-- It's a cheapy, but it's a damn good one, in my book. I love the sound of it, it's easy to play, and while it's rather plain, I like the looks of it.

Mitchell MU-70 (concert)-- I bought it on a whim at Guitar Center. I'm not so crazy about it, but I think it's the strings. I have some new ones on order. If they don't help, I might ship 'er off to ebay...

(And finally, it'll be here by Wednesday...)

Republic Reso-Relic Concert Ukulele-- Shipped today. I've heard mixed things, but the people who don't insist that the only good resonator uke is a National seem to say it's a pretty good deal, even if it needs a little improvement outta the box. I've seen SEVERAL reviews that compare it favorably to a Johnson, and they cost almost twice as much. I'm psyched. :D

These are my babies . . . da one on da left is a "Nice Ukulele" from Aloha Stadium Flea Market, got it couple years ago for a really good price. Soundwise, a little brighter than most 8 string tenors but a very distinctive. The other one is a G String. I stay tryin to get another one if my SO will let me, but you guys (and gals) know how that goes.

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

Top Bottom