Season 162: Desert Island Ukes

Well, personally, I think if you are stranded on a desert island, the most important thing to have is a good attitude. You may just be there a while, so why not lean back and relax.

You know, groove on your situation. Like this watery fellow here seems to be doing.

Thanks for the wonderful theme, Geoff.
Let's say I have been stuck there for...months....
and badly need a song to lift up my spirits and remind me to stay alive.

If stranded on a desert isle, it's probably best to remain optimistic!

You see, Geoff - it isn't even just me. This is How It Works.
Thanks for the great theme to bring out this truth of life.
This whole thing makes me so happy.

This song is somewhat somberly themed, but I think it fits the theme. Behind every fun, goofy, joking ukulele player there's a bit of a sad clown somewhere inside... My sad clown song:

yes indeed happy birthday librainian and mr librainian snr!

ok here is a song, it's the one that popped into my head the minute i read the theme, i dunno if it really counts - geoff, if it doesn't, no worries, we can chuck it over to THE ISLAND, oh dear the whole idea of the island this week has been making me giggle, because the theme IS islands, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never mind it's probably only me that finds this amusing!

anyway this song makes me think of angst and loneliness and isolation and drawing a face on a basketball for company, all that alone-on-a-desert-island stuff, that's why it popped into my head, and wouldn't pop out of my head again 'til i did it

it is an absolute blighter to sing, i gave it my best shot

and tried to BE david sylvian *swoooooooooooooooon*

well i tried to be david sylvian if he played uke

and couldn't sing his own songs properly

so

not really very much like david sylvian at all, then!

"ghosts" by japan

swoon%20small_zpsjtmoo7qf.png

*SWOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooon+++++++++++ +++++++++++*

After a hard day trying to survive, sometimes you need a simple laid back four chord song to give you some chilled out vibes.

... oh dear the whole idea of the island this week has been making me giggle, because the theme IS islands, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never mind it's probably only me that finds this amusing!

Nah, I noticed that to, all this island stuff is confusingly discombobulating...

Also, I got a recording device, still uses a capo as a prop...

The first thing I would want to do, if I found myself marooned on a desert island, is to reassure myself, with a happy island tune, that every little thing is gonna be all right.

This song's been on my "do" list for a while ... happy for the perfect opportunity to learn it. Busy week ... I'd love to do some fun Gilligan-ish mashup-y stuff and so forth ... probably will not have time. (But then, you've heard me say that before....)

(I guess between the Chicken Dance and this, I've just done four birds this morning.)

I love that song! :rock::rock:

Not my normal phone, it's harder to stop recording... "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" by UNITED

Lyrics:
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
For I am Yours and You are mine

[4x]
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

Oh, Jesus, My God!**

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
I am Yours and You are mine

**My voice can't do that​

Last edited:
Hi seasonistas,
on the german forum I saw today the perfect island song from Donovan: from sun over sea to stars, everything what's left, if there's nothing.

Last edited:
Is my island deserted? Maybe from man, but I keep hearing drums coming from the other side of the island and off in the distance a song.

Lovely theme Geoff, so imaginative! I hope I get a chance to put an entry in, I seem to have hardly been at home for weeks, just such a lot of stuff going on. I've an idea for a song so I hope to do it. Fingers crossed.

SOTU 162 - End of the Line

This would be my kind of put in perspective song. Regardless of where we are and what our circumstances are we just need to keep pluggin away and doin the best we can. Its also one that I think the lyrics would evolve as my time on the island extended.

a song about how i got on the pesky island in the first place

pesky sirens

singing a song

about how there was a uke sale on the island

turned out to be a COMPLETE fib

:mad:

"song to the siren" originally by tim buckley

and also covered with maximum swooooooooooooon factor (i'm seeing a whole extra theme here for me this week) by this mortal coil

I was going to try and contact civilization tomorrow with a smoke fire and SOS rocks on the beach but I may be tied up tomorrow shimmying up coconut trees and nursing splinters. I am starting to get lonely and this is what I dreamed about.

Last edited:
This has turned out to be a somewhat busy week for me so I might be a bit erratic in commenting on your videos. I will get round to them, though so keep them coming and if I miss you out or forget to put you on the playlist, let me know.

Cheers

Geoff

Top Bottom