::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of your ukes have slight nicks and dings in them? I don't mean splits and cracks.

Personally, I view nicks and dings in an instrument as evidence that it was used and played often, and in general has experienced being an instrument.

All! My Gary Gill is a proper mess with scratches on the soundboard and a few nics and a whole lotta love in it!

How many of your ukes have slight nicks and dings in them? I don't mean splits and cracks.

Personally, I view nicks and dings in an instrument as evidence that it was used and played often, and in general has experienced being an instrument.

I dropped my Imua last year. It has a gloss finish. Cracked the finish on the lower bout on both front edges about level with the bridge. Broke my heart as it was then my pride and joy. Eventually I sanded the chipped an lifted finish off, touched it up with clear nail polish and finally sanded it clear with a succession of nail abrasives. It isn't a flawless repair, nor do I want it to be. It does alleviate what were two big eye catcher dings. Transformed the constant reminder of my clumsiness into a reminder of some thoughtful attention. Good enough.

I think most of my ukes have some kind of little battle scars by now. The possible exception is my Big Island, which I tend to baby. I have a friend who has always called that type of usage wear on anything (mostly cars) as "whiskey dents"....

We spent most of the day helping to clean. Changing out bedding, sweeping and doing laundry. Petting kitties whenever we wanted to. It was great.
Stopped by subway and picked up dinner. Came back to the hotel and we went for a swim. It's hot here, 80+ degrees. Pool felt good. Now we're crashed on the bed eating our sandwiches and watching TV.

I only drove through Fresno and the Bakersfield area, I would never be able to live there....

Jovie woke is up at 4. She puked... Off her top bunk. All over. Including all over a sleeping Callie's covers. So, that was an interesting thing to wake up to. I could not get back to sleep so I am taking Yonas to his early morning class. I will get a nap today!

Not a fun start to the day. But better then having a kid puke multiple times through the night. Especially just as you are about to nod off, then the sound, Daaaaaaaaaddddy.....

The garbage men here are lazy. They empty the cans and throw them to the side walk. When I used to work on a truck I had to walk the cans back to the curb and make sure they stood straight. The worst part was when in the middle of Summer it would be hot at 9 am and you get a can full of maggots......

The garbage men here are lazy. They empty the cans and throw them to the side walk. When I used to work on a truck I had to walk the cans back to the curb and make sure they stood straight. The worst part was when in the middle of Summer it would be hot at 9 am and you get a can full of maggots......

I have definitely had some weird jobs growing up. I think its what makes me a hard worker now. Still haven't made a trip using Uber yet but cant wait to give that a shot.

I have a shed at my office that has no proactical use for me but would make a great hen/peacock/turkey/quail house. I am leaning towards Quail. Peacocks would just be fun.
I wonder if Mike has Quail advice.

Quail are really sweet, but are great escape artists and they only lay spring/summer. If you've never had birds before, maybe start with chickens, they are easy (and easily replaced). Guinea fowl are also cool, but can be loud, some people keep them as watchdogs.

In related news, two hens got locked outside last night and were wandering around the house when I got up. The dog didn't kill them!!!

Not a fun start to the day. But better then having a kid puke multiple times through the night. Especially just as you are about to nod off, then the sound, Daaaaaaaaaddddy.....

I am spool glad those days are but a distant memory for me....

This week summer has spring break, however due to snow days she has school today. So it starts tomorrow. I want to go to the beach to get tags one day and maybe go to the zoo as well. Its a donation type zoo where you pay what you think its worth.

My ukulele has too many dings and 2 horrid nicks. And, no. I did not put all of them there by myself.

Then next week my wife has off and I will go make some glass stuff for an art show I got coming up Memorial day weekend, I might do a livestream of what I make too!

It doesn't seem like that long ago.

I doesn't to me, either. This has ended up being a great car. It still looks like new on the outside, and on the inside, too, except for the salt stains on the carpeting. It has had all of its recommended services, and has needed no repairs other than a couple of headlight bulbs and a set of tires. Now it needs brakes, but that's not unexpected at 72K miles....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom