::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres also a good deal at a brew shop, I can get a free stainless steel wort chiller. I am getting already some honey, 12 lbs of orange blossom for a tasty mead, and an oxygen wand to aerate my wort better for better beers. So i figure spend a couple more dollars and get a free chiller!

Theres also a good deal at a brew shop, I can get a free stainless steel wort chiller. I am getting already some honey, 12 lbs of orange blossom for a tasty mead, and an oxygen wand to aerate my wort better for better beers. So i figure spend a couple more dollars and get a free chiller!

Maybe I should start something this spring. I've got half of the equipment already.

Quail are really sweet, but are great escape artists and they only lay spring/summer. If you've never had birds before, maybe start with chickens, they are easy (and easily replaced). Guinea fowl are also cool, but can be loud, some people keep them as watchdogs.

In related news, two hens got locked outside last night and were wandering around the house when I got up. The dog didn't kill them!!!

Yeah guinea fowl is what I wanted to get. I didn't know much about them. Hubs shut that idea down fast, because of the noise.

That's awesome about Bella!! It's a big deal that she left them alone!! I bet she was protecting them, too.

This is such an awesome memorable trip you are doing!

Yeah, my idea to do this was a selfish one. I've been wanting to come here for years. But I realized yesterday how cool this is for Penny. She's my animal girl, always has been. I remember when she was little and she was playing with pets my GF who had been a vet tech commenting, "she's good with animals, she's got good hands". Im excited to have her meet Tracy, the goat lady at UWC. I follow her goat farm page on FB and would love to send Penny there for a month to volunteer.
And getting to stay in a motel together, we're having fun!

I have a shed at my office that has no proactical use for me but would make a great hen/peacock/turkey/quail house. I am leaning towards Quail. Peacocks would just be fun.
I wonder if Mike has Quail advice.
When peacocks call, it sounds like a woman screaming "Help!"

ME TOO!

I don't think I will ever be ok!

And they are all almost at the age where they know to grab a bucket or... well... not puke off the top bunk!!! It would have been better if it was contained. Icky Icky Icky! And she sleeps with ump-teen stuffed animals. Just... ick.
oh man! What a mess. Poor baby.

How many of your ukes have slight nicks and dings in them? I don't mean splits and cracks.

Personally, I view nicks and dings in an instrument as evidence that it was used and played often, and in general has experienced being an instrument.
Just like wrinkles in my face!

"wrinkles only go where smiles have been" jimmy buffett

I only drove through Fresno and the Bakersfield area, I would never be able to live there....

Yep. It's awefully butt ugly here, but the sanctuary is lush and green, it's right on the river.

This week summer has spring break, however due to snow days she has school today. So it starts tomorrow. I want to go to the beach to get tags one day and maybe go to the zoo as well. Its a donation type zoo where you pay what you think its worth.

The required tags on the beach thing still perplexes this beach girl. It's. Just. Weird.

Quail are really sweet, but are great escape artists and they only lay spring/summer. If you've never had birds before, maybe start with chickens, they are easy (and easily replaced). Guinea fowl are also cool, but can be loud, some people keep them as watchdogs.

In related news, two hens got locked outside last night and were wandering around the house when I got up. The dog didn't kill them!!!

That is a good dog!

We have had chickens and had a lot of luck wit them. We are building a hen house near our house. I will have to do some research. It is really a good little cinder block shed that would be easy to convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom