::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough day. Forgot my debit card. Almost ran out of gas. I was lucky to get to a gas station and wait on Scott. I was lucky he wasn't 2 hours away but it still seemed like forever. Naomi had her ENT appointment, today. She needs more than her tonsils and adenoids out. She also needs a turbinate reduction. Hopefully, I can get it scheduled over Christmas break. He said she's looking at missing at least a full week of school. I have never heard of a turbinate reduction...he explained it to me.

I've never heard of that, either....

Oh heck, I don't know if I can explain it without the diagram on his wall. Basically our noses have three turbinates..up each nostril. They are shelves of tissue that warm and humidify the air as it passed through. Hers are too big and he's going to reduce them. She'll be able to breathe through her nose better.

Interesting! I've never breathed well through my nose. I wondered if I had a structural issue going on, but never got around to seeing an ENT doctor. At this age, I guess I can do without....

Just received a beautiful Long neck concert pineapple. Looks like a cedar top with Mahogany back and sides in gloss w/rope purfling.

I want to play it, but I have to run out to golf practice. :(

Purdy.

Sounds great, Gary. Video forthcoming? Hmmm?

I have found apartments I am (I think) willing to move to.

The purge has begun. I have started in our closet. I am not in a big rush, but it is gonna take a lot of time and work to get our house ready. We had a guy over today to give us an estimate on the squirrels in the attic. Again with the squirrels. Anyway... He says it's probably mice and that we need a new roof. Like new wood and everything. See? This will be brutal.

You're moving? But....what about your people? What will become of them?

I have found apartments I am (I think) willing to move to.

The purge has begun. I have started in our closet. I am not in a big rush, but it is gonna take a lot of time and work to get our house ready. We had a guy over today to give us an estimate on the squirrels in the attic. Again with the squirrels. Anyway... He says it's probably mice and that we need a new roof. Like new wood and everything. See? This will be brutal.
oh wow Sukie! This is really going to happen!

Every night on the cruise at dinner the waiters would sing and dance for us right after they served us dessert. That was my favorite thing every evening. I recorded 4 nights of it and Penny cut sections out and made this video.

The kids can't figure out why mine tasted so much better. I made my roux with bacon grease not butter. :)

I only say this because I have a Jewish office mate so we label all of the foods with pig in it... But shouldn't they know that? Do you have any Jewish children in your class?

Good morning, one and all! I'm getting ready for another work day. The high today is only expected to reach 55 degrees. I think fall is finally here to stay....

Rough day. Forgot my debit card. Almost ran out of gas. I was lucky to get to a gas station and wait on Scott. I was lucky he wasn't 2 hours away but it still seemed like forever. Naomi had her ENT appointment, today. She needs more than her tonsils and adenoids out. She also needs a turbinate reduction. Hopefully, I can get it scheduled over Christmas break. He said she's looking at missing at least a full week of school. I have never heard of a turbinate reduction...he explained it to me.

Does she have difficulty breathing? Is this to do with allergies? at seems drastic to me... I'm not a doctor, but it just seems like a lot...

So today is the annual rummage sale....can't make it for opening since the kids have school and can't even make it there while at school cause it's so short. So gonna go after school. Downside is we are supposed to get a nor'easter so lots of rain and wind. ..not good for an open field and tents....

So today is the annual rummage sale....can't make it for opening since the kids have school and can't even make it there while at school cause it's so short. So gonna go after school. Downside is we are supposed to get a nor'easter so lots of rain and wind. ..not good for an open field and tents....

It also borders a little stream which should be flowing with the rain we have been getting. You park in the field and people gun it and get stuck. Should be interesting.

The weather is starting to roll in. I am going to get my orders out then start moving things to "higher ground" aka the 2nd story, in my office.

Last night on the way back from play practice the dogs ran out and gathered around the car. They have gotten in this terrible habit of doing it. I slowed down. A lot. I always do. But Flea has gotten so old, blind, arthritic, and deaf and it was dark and rainy... and... I ran over his back side. He was paralyzed and is now gone. :( I was there the day he was born. He was our baby before we had babies. He has been there for all 7 of our kids coming into our lives. I am going to miss him a lot. Honestly, he was in such pain every day, but still happy, but I was worried this winter we would have to make the decision to put him down. I was surprised he made it through last winter. But I will miss him. We did get to say goodbye and with the shock his muscles relaxed and he was no longer stiff as a board as he has been lately.

So yeah, I am a emotional wreck on top of getting read of the most likely flooding we will get again. The worry too is the ground has been saturated so long that when the storm winds come in we may lose a lot of trees. Just as I finally got the debris from the ice storm 2.5 year ago up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom