::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Mim. Oh I'm so sorry. I saw the FB post but didn't know the rest of the story. I am so so so sorry.

I wish I could give you a hug right now.

Yeah, the rest of the story sort of is sucky and I just wanted to share it with my Hos.

Mim, my heart aches for you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss, my love to you and your family.

In other news, so far so good and it looks like the weather will be on the least bad side. I don't mind if the back yard gets flooded, as long as my shop stays dry!

The weather is starting to roll in. I am going to get my orders out then start moving things to "higher ground" aka the 2nd story, in my office.

Last night on the way back from play practice the dogs ran out and gathered around the car. They have gotten in this terrible habit of doing it. I slowed down. A lot. I always do. But Flea has gotten so old, blind, arthritic, and deaf and it was dark and rainy... and... I ran over his back side. He was paralyzed and is now gone. :( I was there the day he was born. He was our baby before we had babies. He has been there for all 7 of our kids coming into our lives. I am going to miss him a lot. Honestly, he was in such pain every day, but still happy, but I was worried this winter we would have to make the decision to put him down. I was surprised he made it through last winter. But I will miss him. We did get to say goodbye and with the shock his muscles relaxed and he was no longer stiff as a board as he has been lately.

So yeah, I am a emotional wreck on top of getting read of the most likely flooding we will get again. The worry too is the ground has been saturated so long that when the storm winds come in we may lose a lot of trees. Just as I finally got the debris from the ice storm 2.5 year ago up.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss Mim. Losing a pet is like losing family. :(

Just got home from Naomi's parent/teacher conference. I also got her report card. All B's and S's so that's good. But she is still really struggling and the rest of the conference didn't go so well. The past two days have been rough. I gotta suck it up and "keep on keeping on."

It is oddly a blessing in disguise though. I do know that. Doesn't make it not hard. But I was really worried about him this winter. He as in such pain the other day that he almost bit Levi when he tried to move him. The only place you could pet him was the tippy top of his head. And with the cold weather coming in, the worry was we would have had to make a decision. And I feel better that I was not speeding up the driveway. I slowed down for him and everything. He was just getting a little demented as well. I gave him a bite of my ice cream yesterday looking at him thinking, "you never know if this will be his last treat". And sure enough, it was. Sometimes if he was not on the front porch I was worried that he would get eaten by a wild animal and die a very painful and scary death as a result. This was pretty instant for him and he dies in our arms in shock. So, I don't think he felt any pain. So yeah, we did not have to make the decision at least. I just knew I would miss him when he was finally gone. He has been a loyal companion and a very special dog.

I can really relate, last August I was going through the same thing wondering what I could do with this old, old friend for the winter. Then she disappeared and I would imagine the worst until I found her in the lake. I was devastated for a few days, but at least it was over and I know she went quick.

New washer and dryer being delivered right now.

Why is this kinda stuff a bit stressful to me?

You are the only person I know to post pictures of your washer/dryer delivery guys on FB.

And...sorry about going all ape on your post.

You are the only person I know to post pictures of your washer/dryer delivery guys on FB.

And...sorry about going all ape on your post.

If I had FB, I would have posted pics of my new washer/dryer when I got them. I was super stoked!

Mike, how is the wind, there? It's windy here. It's always a little breezy, but today is WINDY! Lol

Still trying to find a blem in the Mainland.

So far I've discovered two small knots in the neck, a tiny dent in the binding and excessive finish gathered up around where the neck attaches tot he body (normal). But nothing I'd consider worthy of the term "blemish."

Not windy, but chilly. I'm wearing shorts today and wish I hadn't.

I pulled out the jackets and flannels, today. It's that time of year. I love colder temps, but this wind is nuts. I just heard something break, on the porch. I haven't ventured out to see what it was, but something blew over and broke.

Went down to our staff lounge to socialize only to find a workshop going on.

Nice to be back under my bridge :)

Mika has an internal job interview in 30 minutes. She does not interview well and is extremely nervous and keeps texting me every few minutes. In the weeks leading up to this interview I have had to listen to the same work stories and how she came to be included in the pool five to six times a day. If she gets the job it will mean more hours for her and much more money. If she doesn't get it. Nothing changes for us. I keep trying to ease her fears over the interview but she is making it bigger and bigger in her head.

Can't wait for this day to be over.

They obviously want her for this job as she was heavily recruited to apply but she doesn't see it that way.

In any event, she needs the interview experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom