::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!! That's by me!! I live about 6 or 7 miles from North Put High School! I'm closer to that one than the high school thst Naomi will actually attend. We live just over the county line.

I recently learned you can send your kid to any Indiana public school regardless of what county you live in, if you'd prefer her to go to that one, she can.

I recently learned you can send your kid to any Indiana public school regardless of what county you live in, if you'd prefer her to go to that one, she can.

I think I would choose any school in Montgomery County over one in Putnam. I haven't looked at data comparing the two. I'm just going by personal comparison of stuff we heard. My stepson was in this school system and we have family in Putnam County. Ultimately our major deciding factor was my stepson. Once we moved into his school area, we had him 50% of the time.

I think I would choose any school in Montgomery County over one in Putnam. I haven't looked at data comparing the two. I'm just going by personal comparison of stuff we heard. My stepson was in this school system and we have family in Putnam County. Ultimately our major deciding factor was my stepson. Once we moved into his school area, we had him 50% of the time.

A friend of Matt's father is a teacher in Bloomington, they were going to send him to that school so they'd have more time together everyday, but changed their mind at the last minute when Brown County HS approached them. Apparently you can decide which school you want to send your kid to and the school gets like 6 or 8 grand per kid from the State.

A friend of Matt's father is a teacher in Bloomington, they were going to send him to that school so they'd have more time together everyday, but changed their mind at the last minute when Brown County HS approached them. Apparently you can decide which school you want to send your kid to and the school gets like 6 or 8 grand per kid from the State.

Do you just have one high school in your county? We have 3.

6 or 8 grand? Wow!! No wonder our high school advertises that they welcome out of district students! if they live out of district, there isn't bus service offered. I consider bus service to be important. I don't want to have to get out in drive in some of the winter weather, if I don't have to.

Homeschooling is very popular in Montgomery County. There are huge networks for it and I've met people who have moved from other states, including as far as California, that moved here specifically for the homeschooling efforts here. It's interesting. Our school numbers have dropped (as a district whole) and I know it's because of that.

Do you just have one high school in your county? We have 3.

6 or 8 grand? Wow!! No wonder our high school advertises that they welcome out of district students! if they live out of district, there isn't bus service offered. I consider bus service to be important. I don't want to have to get out in drive in some of the winter weather, if I don't have to.

Yup, just one high school, luckily it's a good one. I was surprised about the cash too, but I guess it makes things fair for people who want a choice. I agree about the bus 1000%, Matt gets up and goes to the bus on his own each morning, which is amazing to me because I had to be hassled every morning to get up when I was his age.

Homeschooling is very popular in Montgomery County. There are huge networks for it and I've met people who have moved from other states, including as far as California, that moved here specifically for the homeschooling efforts here. It's interesting. Our school numbers have dropped (as a district whole) and I know it's because of that.

I've got mixed feelings about home schooling, some parents don't take it seriously. Matt has a buddy that just started at BCHS, he has been home schooled up until now and is having some social issues adjusting to it (specifically, he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut).

Yup, just one high school, luckily it's a good one. I was surprised about the cash too, but I guess it makes things fair for people who want a choice. I agree about the bus 1000%, Matt gets up and goes to the bus on his own each morning, which is amazing to me because I had to be hassled every morning to get up when I was his age.

Our high school mascot cracks me up. We are the Mounties. And they play it up as a Canadian thing. When i first met Scott, he took me to his son's swim meet and there were all these streamers that had little Canadian flags on them. All the kids were wearing spirit shirts that had their mascot on the front, and then on the back had a Canadian flag and in the center of it said "Eh!" Them, at the beginning of it, they played The Star Spangled Banner. I was SO CONFUSED! Lol!!

I've got mixed feelings about home schooling, some parents don't take it seriously. Matt has a buddy that just started at BCHS, he has been home schooled up until now and is having some social issues adjusting to it (specifically, he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut).

I have mixed feelings about it, too. I think people should have the right to homeschool their children, as long as they truly are getting a good education. I know some families that have been very successful at it and their kids were successful when they went on to college. But those parents were extremely dedicated at it. I have no intention of homeschooling my child. I feel way under qualified. I'm mature enough to admit that. She loves school and we have excellent teachers, as far as I know.

It sure sounds like he has totally adjusted and is happy. He's a cute kid.

Dear Fearless Leader --
I always have your back at UWC. Even if I am off flitting somewhere not near you. That "mom" eye in the back of my head is always checking on you.

Dear Fearless Leader --
I always have your back at UWC. Even if I am off flitting somewhere not near you. That "mom" eye in the back of my head is always checking on you.

I know :) I count on that.

Don's at work.

Rob's taking a drive.

Kenvin's brewing.

Jon works now.

Damon's still sleeping.

Jelly's still awol.

Upside down doc is recovering from yet another vacation.

Tammy is awol.

Sally's on vacay.

Suzie must have got banned from the bathroom at work.

Sukie is recovering from time with Tammy.

Tina doesn't play with us anymore.

Mim is on ebay.

Mike is off being a famous uke star.

Mike the Chin is seeing the country.

YAM . . . where the hell is YAM?!

Matt . . . still sending mojo . . . but wish you were around more.

Spots must have seen his shadow.

Seeso also doesn't play with us any more.

JT . . . what's up with THAT Guy and not dropping by any more?

RevWill . . . him too!

Lauren . . . is she a senior this year?

I see Rich and JerBear lurking but no one is coming out to play.

I'm home from work! :D

I just read that the kid that defended a blind student getting punched by another kid got suspended and kicked off the football team.

Nice message to students Hunting Beach High School.

I would have punished all the little shits standing around and watching instead of stepping in and stopping it like that one kid did. Granted they wouldn't have had to deck the kid, but none of them were even saying anything.

Punching out a much smaller blind kid. Really?!

This is so saddening, on several different levels. What are we becoming? :(

Awesome! Those two will help a ton! Cashews are the only ones I wouldn't recommend adamantly... They are great, but they are a mixed bag and much higher in fat than most other nuts...

What did Barb do to fall from grace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom