::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap... too early because my webpage would not load up and I thought I was on a streak! Booo!

I am just stir crazy today too, which is weird. I want to go into town for no good reason. Levi went into town with the kids. I should have went too though I had some stuff to do.

When is the play?

It is MANDATORY for me to attend the Metro Meals On Wheels annual meeting. I go for the lunch and the meeting. I always skip out before the breakout sessions. They see me there. They would have to ask each other which sessions I attended to figure out I leave early. Maybe that would work for you.

No - I am learning stuff, and the stuff I'm learning will be useful for some tasks I will have in the coming year. It is mostly the instructor who is killing my enthusiasm. I took a class from this company in July and the instructor was quite good. This guy obviously knows his stuff, but he keeps veering off topic to tell us additional stuff. But my skill level needs the basics - which is what this class is - not the extra stuff. So he's just confusing matters.

When is the play?

They moved it back to December because of scheduling conflicts. WE have a lot of young actors, 15-18 that I think is going to need some extra time anyway, plus, we are having so much fun in rehersals that I really am not sad we will be doing this longer!

I really am so glad I am apart of it!

This is my first real play and they seem really pleased with me and said they will be calling me a lot to have me audition. So that makes me feel good. I always wanted to be part of a play. Sort of a bucket list thing.

True. I am no friend of raccoon.

Last night I suggested putting out cat food and waiting in the shadows with a baseball bat. Penny was not amused.

Penny should keep your past close encounter with a raccoon in mind and shut her trap.

Cardboard cut out of you. Lower the lights. Put the head part on a spring and open the window for the breeze to make you nod once in a while.

It's even easier than that! I don't have my camera or my microphone turned on. The only way the instructor knows I'm actually there is because I type a snarky comment into the chat every once in a while.

Okay, I'm excited (on lunch break from class...so I have revived some):

About a week and a half ago I purchased a stuffed "Stitch" (from Lilo and Stitch) on eBay for $1.99.

The top manager in our office has decided that everyone needs to decorate their cubicles according to a Disney movie of their choice. I chose Lilo and Stitch, and this little guy was going to be the centerpiece of my decor, along with my Jake-signed ukulele.

Then the Post Office seemed to lose him. Watching the tracking, he made it all the way from Dallas/Fort Worth to Kent, Washington (in the Seattle area). Then he stopped moving. For DAYS.

Suddenly yesterday he rearrived in Dallas/Fort Worth. Oh crud. I contacted the seller and told them it may be getting returned to them for whatever reason and please let me know if it does so we can try shipping it again (I didn't want them thinking I'd refused delivery). They were very nice and wrote back that they'd let me know ASAP if he came back to them.

Late last night he returned to Portland! I got thinking about it and searched ZIP code 98003 (mine is 97003) because I know that codes starting 98 are in Western Washington. Sure enough, 98003 is Federal Way, Washington - right next to Kent. I bet the sender miswrote the code, the package ended up getting sent back to DFW, someone there finally looked at the rest of the address and corrected the ZIP and now Stitch is OUT FOR DELIVERY to me!

Yahoo!

It's the little things that bring joy...

Hey Mim!?!??

Want to go to Hawaii with me? (I wish)

MM Stan said I should come to Hawaii. I explained it is hard to convince Paul. He said I should take you instead.

I'm looking at the January 2017 Carnival Miracle 16 day cruise.

I'd go crazy if someone told me to decorate my cubicle. I love that kind of stuff. I'd win every contest.

Now I want a cubicle.

I'd go crazy if someone told me to decorate my cubicle. I love that kind of stuff. I'd win every contest.

Now I want a cubicle.

At our last offices, I ran a decorate-the-conference-rooms activity. We put people in teams, gave them a $250 budget, and gave them one day to transform each of 4 rooms. It's amazing how well they turned out! One was a windowless room, so they made it like a submarine with portholes and fish swimming by. Another was a French bistro, with crown molding, chair rail and wrought iron furniture. They were all pretty cool. Then we moved to new offices, and no doubt the new tenants razed everything.

At our last offices, I ran a decorate-the-conference-rooms activity. We put people in teams, gave them a $250 budget, and gave them one day to transform each of 4 rooms. It's amazing how well they turned out! One was a windowless room, so they made it like a submarine with portholes and fish swimming by. Another was a French bistro, with crown molding, chair rail and wrought iron furniture. They were all pretty cool. Then we moved to new offices, and no doubt the new tenants razed everything.
$250? Whoa, I could do so much with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom