::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naomi just came in with an empty art box. She wanted a Sharpie to label it "College Money." She said she's going to start putting her allowance in it. :)

Then, she shows me this booklet she got at school. It has a graph showing three levels of college tuitions. She said that she needs more than the biggest bar on the graph to go to DePauw.

She's got that right!

At our last offices, I ran a decorate-the-conference-rooms activity. We put people in teams, gave them a $250 budget, and gave them one day to transform each of 4 rooms. It's amazing how well they turned out! One was a windowless room, so they made it like a submarine with portholes and fish swimming by. Another was a French bistro, with crown molding, chair rail and wrought iron furniture. They were all pretty cool. Then we moved to new offices, and no doubt the new tenants razed everything.

A few years ago I was out for a week and a half with a bad case of Norovirus. When I got back my department's director had decorated my cubicle as a biohazard area - sealed off with plastic, surgical gloves and masks at the "door". I kept it like that for a week - it was more fun to work in.

Remember what I said earlier about our raccoon problem being gone? Well I spoke too soon.

We have a long tether we hook to a harness so Frank the cat can get some outside time whenever one of us is outside. This evening Mike was out in the garage and Frank was on his tether in the driveway. Mike heard Frank howl and looked up just in time to scare off a huge raccoon who was headed towards the cat. Frank is young, maybe 6 months old, that Raccoon would have made short work of him if he was hungry. The cat really freaked out and beelined for the house when He pulled on the tether so hard it came loose. Poor little guy was terrified.

Oh no! So glad Mike was near! Poor baby!!

Class starts in 1 minute. It is making me die inside a little every day.

Oh, I am so sorry!

Did I tell you I graduated and don't have classes anymore? :D

No, seriously, I am sorry you are stuck in classes with tons of reading and papers to write and no free time and . . . :rolleyes:

Me too. This is awful.

Just to be clear - this is a work-related class. Nothing to do with my seminary education...

Oooo! That's the WORST kind of class! UGH!!

I AM glad the seminary classes aren't the ones you were talking about, though. I miss the discussions. Not the papers or tests, but the discussions . . .

Storms tonight and then . . . real Fall weather!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Flamingo Lady, it is what it is . . . :p

Today the kids in my class were just not on program. Lots of time in the quiet room. Which is where they go to scream at the top of their lungs for hours on end.

I cleaned out and vacuumed my car. It looks brand new. :)

My mom got approval to get her other hip replaced. This is an answered prayer. It will make her 20 years younger. I'm so grateful.

I really do need to go to Hawaii sometime. The cool thing is it can totally be a tax write off!

Yes, can meet with Kanile`a, Ko`olau, Kamaka, KoAloha, Big Island, MMStan, yes, definitely a business trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom