::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it came out well!

And no worries about the original link. How hard could this be right?

Since the soup is concentrate did you have to add extra water or anything? Or maybe it isn't concentrate. How should I know. LOL.
nope just the milk and the broth.

I also line the bottom of the crockpot with onions to make cleaning easier.

It also adds more water you need to account for.

If it comes out to watery, I pour the liquid into a saucier and thicken it with a slurry. That always fixes it.

I just discovered something peed in my purse. Not a lot, just a little, but enough.

Stupid animals!

Have you all heard a song called "Lucky Now" by Ryan Adams? I guess it was one of the songs from the "This is 40" soundtrack.

The first verse pretty much sums up exactly how I feel. Great song.

I don't remember were we wild and young
All that faded into memory
I feel like somebody I don't know
Are we really who we used to be
Am I really who I was

If it comes out to watery, I pour the liquid into a saucier and thicken it with a slurry. That always fixes it.

Slurry is a word that shouldn't be used in cooking. I think of slurry as wet concrete or something.

Okay, I won't be quite so douchey.

I haven't seen any fountain pens with the cushy grip that the G2 has. The Pilot Plumix looks like it might have an ergo grip; I've never seen one in person and I think they look a little goofy, but you could check it out. The Varsity is a disposable fountain pen that has gotten nothing but great reviews over the years - you could check those out if you want something light that you don't have to worry about. Ben always has a couple of Varsities in his backpack at school to let people try out if they're interested in his pens.

I love Pilot - my favorite pens are made by Pilot. I used to turn my nose up at them, thinking they were just about the inexpensive disposables, but their product line goes from disposable to heirloom and everywhere in between. My best pens are Pilots.

Hmm, I kind of like the way the plumix looks, but maybe I don't know what I want... I know you have suggested options before... But what is in your opinion the best option for someone who wants to get into it but isn't ready to invest too much at first?

Stephen what's the news?? Moving out? Got a lady friend???

More like try to find out if I stay here or move somewhere else. No lady friend yet the girl I liked was seeing someone and broke up with him and now is seeing someone else before I knew she broke up with the other guy. Going to be going to a new church till I find out where my dad might be moving and if I want to move there. Then I could move in with my grandpa and help him out and trying and find a job there. So that's what's going on with me.

Have you all heard a song called "Lucky Now" by Ryan Adams? I guess it was one of the songs from the "This is 40" soundtrack.

The first verse pretty much sums up exactly how I feel. Great song.

I don't remember were we wild and young
All that faded into memory
I feel like somebody I don't know
Are we really who we used to be
Am I really who I was

Ugh, yeah, I hate adulting.

Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp. The line that gets to me, "Hold onto 16 as long as you can, change is coming round real soon make us women and men".

Hmm, I kind of like the way the plumix looks, but maybe I don't know what I want... I know you have suggested options before... But what is in your opinion the best option for someone who wants to get into it but isn't ready to invest too much at first?

If you REALLY don't know get a Varsity. They are disposable, but quality pens. If you want something that's inexpensive (for a fountain pen) get a Pilot Metropolitan - about $15, metal, solid feel and will accept a Pilot converter that allows you to try different inks. The next step up would be the Lamy Safari - plastic pens and some people think they look cheap, but they are totally quality too. After that the options expand quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom