::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary, sometimes tubes will naturally fall out once the ear drum grows closed. I had one kid that they fell out of and the other kid had to be put under again to have them removed.

The tubes are there so fluid flows out. You don't want water flowing in. Especially any ocean or pool water with bacteria in it.

Buy a scope. That way you can check where the tubes are and you can tell if he's infected.

Story of my life. The people who are actually the most racists towards me are Koreans because I can't speak Korean.
That sucks.
I know a ne a sey yo,kimchi,bulgogi,sumbei,hoobe,tambei,and boji. Had lots of Korean friends in college even Korean roommates. Never heard them talk about dealing with that. Sorry you and Gary go through that kind of crap. That's messed up.

Gary, sometimes tubes will naturally fall out once the ear drum grows closed. I had one kid that they fell out of and the other kid had to be put under again to have them removed.

The tubes are there so fluid flows out. You don't want water flowing in. Especially any ocean or pool water with bacteria in it.

Buy a scope. That way you can check where the tubes are and you can tell if he's infected.

Too bad no one has invented a tube with a one way valve that would work.

Too bad no one has invented a tube with a one way valve that would work.

Yep. Tubes are a pain. And even they get clogged and can't do their job. With a scope I was able to keep an eye on mine and take them in for clean outs when necessary.

The goal is just really to keep the water out of the ear canal- and to keep it dry... So occlusive plugs (the good soft moldable silicone ones are pretty good. Macks is one brand you can find pretty easily) are your best bet and can be really comfortable :)

Ear tubes are just a major PITA in the summertime :) better than the chronic infections though.

I have those! I use them for baths and showers for him.

And next time . . . swimming.

That sucks.
I know a ne a sey yo,kimchi,bulgogi,sumbei,hoobe,tambei,and boji. Had lots of Korean friends in college even Korean roommates. Never heard them talk about dealing with that. Sorry you and Gary go through that kind of crap. That's messed up.

LOL. That last word you know is hilarious. I always wonder how people learn those words.

Sure NP Gary. If you ever change your mind. I am sure I could let you use it. It is at Eagle's Nest at Eagle Lake. It's a very nice cabin. Calling it a cabin is an injustice. Wish I could move it down here to Orange County. My grandpa and grandma who were both doctors bought it years ago.

Let me know next time you go and we'll come up and visit.

Maybe it was because when she was going to school most people living in Hawaii were Japanese? ;)

No, I remember her saying she went to school with Japanese kids. Her dad was an MD. They were well off. I know they lived on Oahu. I bet you know all the schools, it's a small place. I remember chatting with other uke players with her that grew up there. They would always know someone in common.

Last edited:
Gary. If you were on Oahu I would have you say hi to Geoffrey S. Sewell, MD, FACP he runs the Kaiser hospitals in Hawaii. They don't do much on Kauai. He was a good friend and classmate in high school. You could name drop me with him. Lol Those ear infections are really uncomfortable. I feel bad for your son.

Ugh... It's been a long day and it's only going to get longer... Just not good... I love her, but wow, what a day...

Gary. If you were on Oahu I would have you say hi to Geoffrey S. Sewell, MD, FACP he runs the Kaiser hospitals in Hawaii. They don't do much on Kauai. He was a good friend and classmate in high school. You could name drop me with him. Lol Those ear infections are really uncomfortable. I feel bad for your son.

(Actually, he's the Executive Medical Director for the Hawaii Region - he doesn't run the hospitals, he's the top dog for the physician's group.)

Excellent! There's someone to stay back and watch the kids while you tour the brewery.

Kids are welcome!! They male their own root beer and soda so kids welcome....guess what!! We didn't go....and it rained and stormed as well. Got at least 2 hrs in at beach though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom