::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My date cancelled. Now I have all day to prep for Uke club. And maybe clean my dining room, currently a receptacle of all my too-big clothes I purged from my wardrobe. Of all that stuff there is only one dress I regret purging so I am going to retrieve it before everything else leaves the house.

I find it a little concerning that you refer to participating in household chores as doing things "for her". You are both doing things for your family. Those things include working, housekeeping, and child rearing. If you view your participation as a favor to her that should be fawned over, you're not going to have a good time.

Does active participation in these things deserve a little appreciation? Sure. But so does her active participation.

Since it sounds like, with two homes, things are a little overwhelming right now, it may be beneficial to sit down and divide tasks. One thing that works around here is that we have a dry erase marker board on the fridge, and at the beginning of each week I point blank ask my husband "is there anything that you would like me to accomplish this week?" Then I put it on the board. I have a tangible reminder that needs to be done, and he has a tangible reminder of what his expectations can be. I also post my other personal obligations on the board, including work and appointments and workouts, so that he can see what days I have a lot of time and what days I don't have any time for something extra.

The part where I said that I do things for her was more referring to other things not included in chores... Yes, you are very right that chores around the house are very much so for the family. I like the idea of the whiteboard. That's something I will suggest once things settle... It's better today than it was on Tuesday, but we're still in a bit of defcon... Thanks for the suggestion.

The part where I said that I do things for her was more referring to other things not included in chores... Yes, you are very right that chores around the house are very much so for the family. I like the idea of the whiteboard. That's something I will suggest once things settle... It's better today than it was on Tuesday, but we're still in a bit of defcon... Thanks for the suggestion.

I like Sally's suggestion of just taking charge and getting the white board without permission. I think there is more to that than you may realize. Plus, that aren't expensive.

... I just bought a fountain pen...
I watched reviews...I talked to friends....

I'm going to hold on before I get the nice, fancy pen I am really looking at, and got my next option... it'll be in on Saturday...
Now I gotta buy ink...

Which one did you buy as a starter pen, Cash?

Facebook is too public. I get annoyed at it. I get people I don't even know wanting to friend me. I don't understand their motivation for that. People overly expressing their religious or political views. I stay away from that on Facebook. Just venting.

Facebook is too public. I get annoyed at it. I get people I don't even know wanting to friend me. I don't understand their motivation for that. People overly expressing their religious or political views. I stay away from that on Facebook. Just venting.

:agree::agree:

:agree::agree:

Yep......

That being said I have some local news feeds for Maui and Hawaii on my FB. I enjoy reading those.

I get ya...
There is a sort of perverse pleasure I get from blocking/removing people from my feed though.

A neon pink Lamy Safari with the converter.

I wish you and your pen much happiness together.

I have several Safaris. Keep them clean. Flush water through the pen with the converter ever time you fill. The feed can gunk up with dried ink and then they leak big time. Cleaning that is a production.

Last edited:
Fine :)

I'm going to wait on the super fancy ink too, which probably would do better in something else.
I did go for a cool bottle of ink though- its dusky purple :)

I ordered a bottle of the gold-flecked J. Herbin ink, but I'm planning to use it only in my dip pens. From what I've been reading, some people have been having problems with the gold "dust" clogging their fountain pens, and being difficult to clean out of a converter when they want to use a different ink. That's not a problem with dip pens, since I clean my nibs after every use. I really do like working with deep reds and browns with the dip pens, so I'm looking forward to that.

Congrats on the new pen!

I wish you and your pen much happiness together.

I have several Safaris. Keep them clean. Flush water through the pen with the converter ever time you fill. The feed can gunk up with dried ink and then they leak big time. Cleaning that is a production.

I've found that flushing a pen on every fill is good practice regardless of the pen. It takes just a minute or two, and it makes a huge difference. I had a couple pens I thought were bad, but after a good flushing, they wrote like new.

I've found that flushing a pen on every fill is good practice regardless of the pen. It takes just a minute or two, and it makes a huge difference. I had a couple pens I thought were bad, but after a good flushing, they wrote like new.

Agree. I've just never had othe pens leak the way a dirt Lamy leaks.

Agree. I've just never had othe pens leak the way a dirt Lamy leaks.

Nothing worse than a dirty Lamy.

bc6e8535ab1d67e3488a9bd4dfa7ec447beb9ed4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom