::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy busy. Busy at work, busy at home.

Too busy.

I saw Sixx AM and Apocalyptica on Tuesday. It was amazing. I had a total fangirl moment with James Michael. I'm glad I took off Wednesday though...we got back WAY later then I thought and I didn't get to sleep until stupid o'clock.

Tomorrow AM I'm hitting the road to Virginia. Re-enactment thing at Mount Vernon. No tent, just a tarp and a sleeping bag...it's only supposed to rain in the morning and I'm hoping the weather people are right.

I disagree to a point - yes, a child should be raised to be strong and independent, but they should also understand their parents' limits and respect them. My daughters will not wear whatever they want, but I also won't be dictatorial - we will discuss it if they disagree with me, but as a parent my decisions are ultimately the rule. I won't be arbitrary, I won't be unfair, and my decisions won't be unexpected - but they will be obeyed.

Thanks other half, you put into words what I could not :)

Good morning one and all! It's another beautiful spring day, here. I should be able to finish my mowing this afternoon, after Elaine finishes picking up hickory nuts from the back yard. Personally, I would just mow over them, but she wants them picked up first. I mowed everywhere else the other day, and just have the little bit behind the house to finish.

One of the ladies at knitting group says she has an old fountain pen she will bring in for me! I was telling them how I was striking out trying to find one to buy locally. She says she's had it in her junk drawer for years and years, but hasn't used it in forever, and probably never would again. We'll see if she remembers!

My first thought was not "Oh my god look at her back I want to jump her bones." I thought it looked fun, and cute and the girl rocked it!

You prude :)

(but I would hope that all of her daily clothes don't reveal cleavage; I would not have a problem with that for a prom dress)

And the red lettering is why I didn't think I was being a prude... She is 18 yes, but she is in High School... See what I'm getting at?

So tell us about your new place.
Im moving to Dayton, close to downtown. I'll live with less people and have more space. Rent and utilities will be about the same, maybe $20 more a month. Kelsey is my roommate from my freshman year in college. She moved back to Dayton from California in October. We will have one other roommate too. She moves in after UWC.

If JT does the hangout thing this Friday, I will show you guys!

Im moving to Dayton, close to downtown. I'll live with less people and have more space. Rent and utilities will be about the same, maybe $20 more a month. Kelsey is my roommate from my freshman year in college. She moved back to Dayton from California in October. We will have one other roommate too. She moves in after UWC.

and you are closer to UWC

I used to go to Dayton for work. Lovely little city!

In case you all weren't aware...

MIM is the best!

8-string Lanikai on its way to its new home with me!!!

Squee!

(Got an award at work and of course the first thing to jump into my head was "NOW I CAN GET AN 8-STRING!")

MIM is the best!

Squee!

(Got an award at work and of course the first thing to jump into my head was "NOW I CAN GET AN 8-STRING!")

Congratulations!!

But I was under the impression that you played even less than I do :)

Mr Curtis is in seminary now. He's all Jesus all the time.

(posted without malicious or critical intent, just the voice of experience.)

That's a good chunk of it. Mr. Curtis' family is saving up its money for a family trip to New England this summer, too - all our discretionary money (except the new uke - woot!) is going to that.

ANARCHY! lol I guess I'm being a bit of a prude...

I expect my children to be confident and independent. I also expect them to respect their parents' wishes within reason. I'm not a prude, but I am definitely more square than some. As much as I joke here about being rigid, I'm much more respectful of my kids' space and independence than I often sound like. Rigidity makes for better humor.

MIM is the best!

Squee!

Or you could make one

**stare**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom