::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder why I even go out there... once again a thread has deteriorated into a meta-discussion, not about the topic at hand, but about *how* the conversation is being conducted-- complete with the usual suspects weighing in about people's intent and what they *really* mean, and interpreting all differences of opinion as defensiveness.

Some people just want to argue. Maybe at least one of them is the sort who always has to have the last word. Cuz he won't shut up.

No more lazy days for me until mid-June. It's a little UWC prep everyday at this point.

Thank you Mike.

Only quoting you for a starting point, Freeda.

I wish all you parents of young children the best of luck. I hope none of you have children that decide to march to their own drums. If you had told me when Chris was seven what would happen when he was a teenager I wouldn't have believed it.

Hind sight is definitely 20/20.

And for that we thank you sir!

GMTA.

My kids are rocking out to the playlist from my class reunion.

Classic Rock from the late '70's and early '80's or what sirius XM likes to call second generation classic rock or Cassette Tape Rock.

I stopped into a local guitar store today, to check out their ukes. I've never been blown away by their selection, but I had the time, so...

They had quite a few by a company called Ventura, and guitars by them, as well. I've never heard of them. They had some Makalas, and a couple of Lanikais. Everything seemed to be targeting the lower end of the market, until I noticed that they are now carrying Eastmans, too.

Then I saw a vintage uke, hanging high on the wall. At first it looked like a Martin taropatch (be still, my heart!), but I discovered it is a vintage tiple. They claim it is Martin-made, although the name on it is different (Smith, maybe?). It did look very Martin-esque.

I was surprised to find that it was reasonably well tuned. (Yes, I got it down. Hanging it high on the wall doesn't dissuade everybody ;) ) I liked it. With the steel strings, I think I would probably play it with a guitar pick. At $600, it's too rich for my blood, though....

the last time I was at my local guitar shop I asked to see some of the ukuleles that were up high, they let me see them but reminded me that they were the nice ones.

They were Kalas.

And the red lettering is why I didn't think I was being a prude... She is 18 yes, but she is in High School... See what I'm getting at?

No, I don't see what you're getting at. The prom is a formal and chaperoned event. In a month she'll be hanging at the beach or the pool; wearing a good deal less in a far less structured environment. I'm with Gary on this one. A great dress and a young lady who obviously had the spirit to wear it well.

Gray hair?
Glasses?
random aches and pains?

Crap . . . I'm still waiting to feel grown up!!

I've had grey hair since my 30's and glasses since I was a tyke. If those are your biggest complaints, you lead a charmed life, little girl.

Oh, Jerry. Good stuff also happens after you are 50.

I'm actually finding the 60s more agreeable than the 50s. My sons are far more independent, retirement is just appearing over the horizon. I'm OK with this. My lady wife, by contrast is not happy with the 60s. She's blown out a knee, has issues with her eyes, her shoulder, and both her hands. The knee is disabling and will be repaired in a couple of weeks. The rest? Deferred maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom