::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I was thinking about dreadlocks. They would be so short for awhile. But at the same time, I love being able to change my hair color willy nilly. And my hair my hold it if bleached white. But at the same time, what I have going on is so easy to change the color on. And if I bleach and let my hair grow out some, it ends up by the 3rd of 4th time getting rubbery and breakable.

The story behind my hair cut. I had wanted my hair short for SO LONG. I would wear it like chin length short, but never short short. I wanted to try it for so long. Just scared to death to do it. And then I would ask hairdressers to do it and they would talk me out of it.

When Aloha Snow (my Ice Cream shop that did terrible that led to Mim's Ukes though) closed, it was quite a feeling of failure in my life. It was something I worked hard for with nothing to show for it besides debt.
I had gained weight, just felt blah about myself, and just needed a change. And I was doing a total flip in one month and diving head first into Mim's Ukes. And I kept half jokingly saying, "I am going to close the doors, then I am going to chop my hair all off and dye it blonde." Expecting #1 Levi to not believe me and #2 for him to talk me out of it. When he said, "Why not?" I was like... ok... I NEED this! I am going to do it! He said he would bleach it for me.

He said if I was going to do it I was not allowed to do my typical Great Clips things I do and I needed to get a decent haircut. So I paid for a $35 person (which for me is just, lots), and came in with 2 hairstyles I printed out. One was more of a longer short cut that is usually what hairdressers would talk me into and the other was short short. She actually was more apt to talk me into it and said, "Look, I will cut it to the length of this first cut, but I think you will like this shorter better." Sure enough, she cut it to the first length, looked at it, and said "You don't want this, you just don't, lets go with the short short cut." AND I LOVED IT! So freeing. Then I did the blonde thing. So much fun! THEN, we moved to the mountains and the only place to really get my hair done was 40 minutes away. And I got lazy one day and told Levi "I am taking a 1 inch guard to my hair" (it was NEVER that short, not even close). I waited for him to talk me out of It and he didn't. And I went into the bathroom and cut my own hair.

So, essentially my haircut is a 1 inch guard cut all over, I just make sure I leave some sideburn whispies to give it a feminine touch. And I like it once it grows out about 2-3 weeks so I plan my haircuts around events. Like I will cut it 2 weeks before Grand Northern, dye it a week later, and then it should be still at a good cut and dye by UWC. Whenever I think about going back to longer hair, I just don't see it happening. Well, anytime soon. I am very grey. VERY grey. But not ready to be grey. (I am more salt than pepper, in my Koaloha demos I am wearing a hat, because I just cut it, I have blue on the tips, but the rest is grey... it is pretty, but ages me a lot).

Ok, that was a lot of info, but yeah, the point is... I do love my short hair.

I should clarify. I didn't have a full head of dreads. I had a bunch though. On accident. I had a lot of fatigue after I had Lyme, and I didn't have the energy to comb my hair out after I washed it. It's a pain in the butt to comb out when I'm feeling well! But anyways, I had a few that were accidental. They looked strategically placed but they weren't. When I left the house I would just throw it all back in a pony tail. I liked it and it felt liberating. Women get a lot of pressure about their appearance. That's how I felt, anyways. I have some gray starting to come in. I hate it. My best friend loves her gray. I hate it. I haven't started dying it, yet. I think it would be difficult to do myself, with the length I have. And I can't afford to go get it done on a regular basis. Well, I can, but that would cut into my "fun money."

Woke up feeling like crap. I'm still going to start my spring cleaning, sometime today. But I know that I won't get as much done. My head cold has moved down to my chest. It hurts to cough.

Mim, I love Virginia. We vacationed at Claytor Lake, once. I would like to go back.

I should clarify. I didn't have a full head of dreads. I had a bunch though. On accident. I had a lot of fatigue after I had Lyme, and I didn't have the energy to comb my hair out after I washed it. It's a pain in the butt to comb out when I'm feeling well! But anyways, I had a few that were accidental. They looked strategically placed but they weren't. When I left the house I would just throw it all back in a pony tail. I liked it and it felt liberating. Women get a lot of pressure about their appearance. That's how I felt, anyways. I have some gray starting to come in. I hate it. My best friend loves her gray. I hate it. I haven't started dying it, yet. I think it would be difficult to do myself, with the length I have. And I can't afford to go get it done on a regular basis. Well, I can, but that would cut into my "fun money."

That is kind of cool though. It can look cool the free spirit hair!

I am Jamie Lee Curtis grey... almost... but I am 35, I am not ready for that!

jamie-lee-curtis-short-hair.jpg

I am Jamie Lee Curtis grey... almost... but I am 35, I am not ready for that!

jamie-lee-curtis-short-hair.jpg

That's very cute. I'm 37, and I'm not ready to go gray, either. I understand how you feel.

Maybe you could do it short and let the natural gray come in. You might like it.
I knew a guy that went gray at twenty years old.

Just a thought...

Yeah, I actually stopped dying my hair in 2013 and am pretty much salt, pepper, and silver now. I absolutely LOVE it!! Don't care what others think. I. LOVE. IT.

ETA: Actually, my silver hair makes me look younger! A lot of women do! Check this out:
https://www.facebook.com/3348570207...34857020776/10152710685360777/?type=1&theater

AND this: https://www.pinterest.com/pinstepho/young-grey-hair/

Last edited:

It only looked cool if I wore a headband or ponytail. Now, I feel like all my headbands look weird. I have a pic with dreads. If I can find it, sometime, I'll post it. I'm too tired and sick to mess with looking, today.

Overprotective mom update.

At 9:30 on the dot she came to the front door wanting to be let in to find her son. No ID, wouldn't give his name etc. we can't let a strange adult wander around the kids. He doesn't come to the door right away. Two minutes later she is sniffling and saying it was a bad idea to let him go to prom, seven minutes after that she is balling inconsolably that she is going to lose her son.

It was so disturbing!

Did you slap her?

Yeah, I actually stopped dying my hair in 2013 and am pretty much salt, pepper, and silver now. I absolutely LOVE it!! Don't care what others think. I. LOVE. IT.

ETA: Actually, my silver hair makes me look younger! A lot of women do! Check this out:
https://www.facebook.com/3348570207...34857020776/10152710685360777/?type=1&theater

AND this: https://www.pinterest.com/pinstepho/young-grey-hair/

They look great. I like the bleached because it gives my hair texture and then I can do COLOR! Woot Woot! :)

I love to switch it up. Every color I do I get to feel like a surprise every time I look in the mirror for the first few days. Even when I go back to blonde.

Overprotective mom update.

At 9:30 on the dot she came to the front door wanting to be let in to find her son. No ID, wouldn't give his name etc. we can't let a strange adult wander around the kids. He doesn't come to the door right away. Two minutes later she is sniffling and saying it was a bad idea to let him go to prom, seven minutes after that she is balling inconsolably that she is going to lose her son.

It was so disturbing!

Mothers are weird that way.

I used to have crazy hair. But it gives my husband pains. LOL! And though it is my head, he has to look at it.

Nowadays I'm aiming for as low maintenance as possible. Stopped dying it and I'm letting it all grow out as long as I can. A trim once or twice a year and that's it for me.

I kept wondering when the wee wifey would give up and get an low-maintenance "mom haircut" when the lads were little. No Way. She kept the full do all through the years and to this day. She even got up early to do her hair before a recent medical thing. "My hair's gotta look good," is her mantra. Bless her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom