::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Noobs. Not Noobies, or.... Well you know.

As in Blue Footed Noobies?

blue-footed-booby.jpg

Oh wait. Something seems a little off. Maybe it's me?

It's a gray morning. Hubby's playing until about 3. I have to check out at noonish. Still haven't ventured down to the boardwalk, another golfer said the parking is atrocious and not worth even looking for, so we ate close to the hotel last night. I can hang by the pool after checkout, I guess. Just kinda bummed I never actually made it to the beach.

I am a bit surprised how run down Santa Cruz is. I hadn't been here in 20 years, I don't remember it like this. There are definite areas I wouldn't feel comfortable being alone at.

It's a gray morning. Hubby's playing until about 3. I have to check out at noonish. Still haven't ventured down to the boardwalk, another golfer said the parking is atrocious and not worth even looking for, so we ate close to the hotel last night. I can hang by the pool after checkout, I guess. Just kinda bummed I never actually made it to the beach.

I am a bit surprised how run down Santa Cruz is. I hadn't been here in 20 years, I don't remember it like this. There are definite areas I wouldn't feel comfortable being alone at.

I'm sorry to hear the weekend has had some disappointments for you.

Well, I have had a weekend full of activities. Everything went according to plan. I even dressed like a female! Haha! I wore a skirt, yesterday, and a dress today. Both were very comfy.

Went to a Catholic mass, today. First time in a few years. We went to a Confirmation for Naomi's best friend. It was a nice service, and it was packed. There were 35 kids confirmed.

I remember Mike saying he was going mushroom hunting, this weekend. I wonder if he found any. Hubs went yesterday, to our usual spot where we normally find some and there weren't any. He seen evidence of deer and assumed they are them, if there were any.

I'm sorry to hear the weekend has had some disappointments for you.

Meh, not too bad. I really enjoy staying in a hotel, laying by the pool etc. I used the fitness room and read a book. Just didn't venture out too much. I'm never sure when he'll be done everyday so I like to stay close by.

Another 80 degree day. No baby shower to go to. Yay! Although the shower WAS nice yesterday.

Any problem today is the yapping little dog next door it barked non-stop from at least 10:15 until 2. Non stop!!! I'm not sure what to do about it.

Another 80 degree day. No baby shower to go to. Yay! Although the shower WAS nice yesterday.

Any problem today is the yapping little dog next door it barked non-stop from at least 10:15 until 2. Non stop!!! I'm not sure what to do about it.

You'd think that the dog's throat would hurt from all that barking!

are the owners gone? They might not even know it's happening.

Well I ventured out. Checked out, loaded up the car and drove down to the boardwalk. Didn't even park. There is no parking unless you want to pay $15 and that appeared full. Unless I was spending the day there I didn't want to pay that much for just a walk around. theres a single street that does a loop, no turning back, no changing your mind. Lots of places where they could put in a parking structure but very little parking. I couldn't even find a way to get to the pier. Gave up.

I stopped at a market and bought lunch nosh and drove up to the park. Waiting for Mike to finish his round, then we'll eating and head home. We'll get home around midnight.

are the owners gone? They might not even know it's happening.

My neighbours on the other side of the barky dog told me said barky dog's owners know. The dang dog always barks, even when they walk it. It's some breed known for being horribly barky. I guess the owners are desperate to shut it up but don't know what to do. I just don't have it in me to it up with it yet another summer.

Yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap.....

My neighbours on the other side of the barky dog told me said barky dog's owners know. The dang dog always barks, even when they walk it. It's some breed known for being horribly barky. I guess the owners are desperate to shut it up but don't know what to do. I just don't have it in me to it up with it yet another summer.

Yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap.....
they can have the vocal cord snipped. I knew a dog that was done to. It kinda squeaked when it barked but it was a quiet squeak.

I spent the morning at a huge community garage sale. I had hoped I might find an old uke, or maybe an old fountain pen (or two).

I saw no ukes, at all. Drums, flutes, clarinets, keyboards, and a broken guitar, yes. Ukuleles, no.

I found a calligraphy pen set, but I'm told that's not what I'd want. Eventually I did find one old fountain pen. It was a Wearever, and had a lever on the side of the body for filling. It was small, had a chrome cap and a plastic body, was in rough shape, and I decided to take a pass on it.

There was LOTS of stuff there, just nothing I was interested in buying....:D

they can have the vocal cord snipped. I knew a dog that was done to. It kinda squeaked when it barked but it was a quiet squeak.

My dog is a breed that is known to yap. His bark is annoying. Kind of high pitch. It hurts my ears and was driving us nuts. It's something that was easy to fix. I taught him the "no bark" command. At first, whenever his barking worked my nerves, I would say "no bark" and put him in his crate. I'd leave him there until he stopped...which was a few minutes. He quickly learned what the command is.

I realize you can't really do all that with a neighbors dog, but sometimes if you offer up a friendly suggestion, a complaint is received better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom