::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naomi lost a tooth, this morning. I told her to put it in a ziplock Baggie, so she didn't lose it. I assumed she put it in her room. Later in the day I cleaned the kitchen table off. I was in a hurry and accidently threw her ziplock bag. I took the trash out already. I feel really bad. She was upset. She thought the tooth fairy wouldn't come.

You'll have to write the tooth fairy a note and explain what happened.

This place looks really nice and clean & the cats look healthy and happy.

On a different note...Sally, you have a soothing voice, and should do recordings of guided meditations.

Ha! You are too sweet Deb. I'm sure all the others that know me are giggling too. That's my calm video voice. IRL I am anything but soothing. I'm a rowdy loud woman. ;)

But yes, the place is very clean. There were a few runny noses and we both got nailed by cat sneezes but 98 percent of the cats were in very good shape. They have sick rooms with vet techs for the very ill. They have a special area and enclosure with FIV cats. And of course a nursery for moms and kittens. Also a retirement village for the old guys.

Today Matt had an after school thing so we came home and took the truck into Bloomington (can run), since two people and a big dog don't work well in the front of a truck, we tied the dog up on a 40 ft lead next to the house. When we came back she was sitting there wagging her tail at us and more or less surrounded by chickens. So I took a risk and let her off the leash, two hours later, still no dead chickens! Good doggie!!
great news. Bella is really working out well. So glad for the both of you.

Kanga had to kill and then be beaten (not bad guys... I promise) with the dead chicken to learn, not to kill chickens. She has been a perfect lady ever since!

Ha! You are too sweet Deb. I'm sure all the others that know me are giggling too. That's my calm video voice. IRL I am anything but soothing. I'm a rowdy loud woman. ;)

I can be the same way. But I enjoy meditation. I'm a nervous person and meditation is how I calm myself. I started meditating when I was a teenager.

Kanga had to kill and then be beaten (not bad guys... I promise) with the dead chicken to learn, not to kill chickens. She has been a perfect lady ever since!

LOL @ beaten with the dead chicken. I'm all about direct object lessons. I had a foster dog once who raised his leg to pee IN MY HOUSE. I grabbed him, flipped him over, and smacked him right on his peepee. He NEVER did it ever again.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

As a kid, what did you call your "down there"?

I was raised with "privates" for the general area, and peepee for the specific. I'm still a little boggled when I hear little kids say p-nis and v-gina. (Not sure if there's a censor on those.)

A minute ago, I think I accidentally reported my own post. I thought I hit "Reply to Thread." Oops!!

What I meant to post, was that Naomi showed me her letter to the tooth fairy. She totally threw me under the bus!

I think the pyrenese "sunk in" and won out over the initial golden lab impulses. I still don't trust her 100% yet, but I was very pleased. At one point a chicken came onto the deck and started eating her food, she chased it away from the immediate area and stopped. She got lots of treats this evening for being good.

Most dogs wouldn't share food with a chicken. She's a good girl!

Tomorrow is my last day in this classroom. I've been there since mid-January. That's a lot of noses wiped! We're having a party because they exceeded their March Reading Month goal, and I'm bringing in a whole grocery sack of popcorn. I'm in the middle of popping it now. Takes FOREVER with my small hot oil popper.

I feel like money just flows in and out so fast lately. Get paid, use that to pay for my Red Cross certificates so I can invoice, get invoices paid and go buy a snare drum for the civil war event so I can get paid, then that money will fly somewhere else...

It's all so transitory. I'm getting zen with that. It used to make me anxious.

I posted about this once before, but let's review:

I met a woman a month ago through a mutual friend. During the course of conversation, the subject of ukuleles came up. This lady told me that when she was in college (she's probably in her 70s, now), baritone ukes were all the rage, and she just had to have one. She never learned to play it much (I think she said she only learned one song!), and it has sat unused ever since.

She asked me if I would like to have it, as she hates to see it languishing in a closet. She's afraid that if she were to pre-decease her husband, it would end up in a dumpster. She told me she would bring it for me at our next meeting....which is tomorrow night.

I must admit to being a little excited about it. Now, to see if she'll remember....

I met a woman a month ago through a mutual friend. During the course of conversation, the subject of ukuleles came up. This lady told me that when she was in college (she's probably in her 70s, now), baritone ukes were all the rage, and she just had to have one. She never learned to play it much (I think she said she only learned one song!), and it has sat unused ever since.

She asked me if I would like to have it, as she hates to see it languishing in a closet. She's afraid that if she were to pre-decease her husband, it would end up in a dumpster. She told me she would bring it for me at our next meeting....which is tomorrow night.

I must admit to being a little excited about it. Now, to see if she'll remember....

So mid-sixties? Some of those Harmony baritones are really nice.

I would guess it's from the Arthur Godfrey era (mid-1950's). Godfrey played a Martin, but put his name on a number of ukes, including Vega. Could be interesting....

So mid-sixties? Some of those Harmony baritones are really nice.

I have no idea what brand it might be. There were a lot of them, then. If I suspect it could have real value, I won't take it for free. If I can't afford to buy it, I'll try to help her sell it.

What do you want to bet this poor old bari still has its original strings? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom