::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh. Look who got the K?!

I'm off to bed.

Hope you make it home eventually Damon. Good night Deb.

Not going to sleep. Just going to listen to some music. I want to make sure my little girl is not going to start coughing again. Congrats on the K!

All concert tickets are about that much... it kinda sucks. You don't wanna know how much I dropped on 4 semi-decent tickets to see Jimmy Buffett at Jones Beach this summer...All the super good seats sell out in minutes...damned resellers.

Exactly. After attending several of his shows I'm never surprised at other performers prices.

These were 80 bucks for the worst seat in the place, and it was back in the 90's...so it was expensive for back then.
I know the price of concert tix, it's why I rarely go. I just can't justify paying that at this particular season of my life. I also don't like big venues, but since I'm from Speedway, seeing the Rolling Stones at IMS would be special. But I'm not willing to pay what it will likely cost.

When I was in my 20's I use to go to a lot of concerts and even had season passes to a large outdoor venue in Noblesville. Back then, most of my extra cash went to concerts. The last time I went to the venue in Noblesville, I could not get home quick enough. Nowadays, my idea of going to a show, is going to The Vogue in Broad Ripple, The Slippery Noodle in Indy, or maybe the Murat. I also seen a really cool show at a venue called The Bluebird in Bloomington, I'd return there, even though it's far.

We go once a year to see Jimmy- Its a fairly recentish tradition with my family. Me, Mom, and my baby bro (and his long term girlfriend) go together... We start the festivities early-- we're usually the first in our section of the lot (my mom has a disability, so we park in the disabled lot), and the trailers are still pulling into the main lot. We set up our 'campground' for the day around the car- the tent, the table, the decorations... and then we mosey slowly around the main lot, and provided it's a year when I'm not very pregnant (I went 7 months pregnant one year), we indulge in some adult beverages whilst making friends. (a backpack full of daiquiris and margaritas is good friendship fodder.)

We locate the Parrothead club, and pay dues (if I forget, which is usually) and then make our way to the beach. We'll sun and float in the water for a while till the sun gets too high, then hit the oyster shack and grab some beer and something to snack on, then, we'll mosey back up to the car, break out the food (we're not cookers.. although some people go nuts! We're more like good homemade italian heroes, and various salads. We always have enough to share) and eat, and then we'll play music with our friends in the handi-lot (there's always someone with a guitar, and I have my uke... we'll play till the bands in the lot get roaring. Then it's the pre-show entertainment- The band that plays is awesome-- and occasionally, you'll get visits from the Coral Reefers (Nadirah Shakoor tends to show up, which is awesome!)

So the lot is amazing, and then you get to go into the concert, and it's just starting to get cool, and everyone's dancing and having a great time...It's definitely not UWC, but it's a unique community all it's own.

It is 23 miles. Most of it is a really nice ride. 5 miles of it would be sheer terror. I have looked into it.
Today was an anomaly. See news article I posted earlier.

I see, Sometimes traffic sucks anywhere i guess :)

With that concert being on 4th of July weekend, I wonder how many sobriety checkpoints I'd have to sit in line through between Marion and Montgomery county. Indy always has those during holidays that are associated with partying. I'd pass their little tests, it's just a PITA.

Or get a hotel room for the night.

We go once a year to see Jimmy- Its a fairly recentish tradition with my family. Me, Mom, and my baby bro (and his long term girlfriend) go together... We start the festivities early-- we're usually the first in our section of the lot (my mom has a disability, so we park in the disabled lot), and the trailers are still pulling into the main lot. We set up our 'campground' for the day around the car- the tent, the table, the decorations... and then we mosey slowly around the main lot, and provided it's a year when I'm not very pregnant (I went 7 months pregnant one year), we indulge in some adult beverages whilst making friends. (a backpack full of daiquiris and margaritas is good friendship fodder.)

We locate the Parrothead club, and pay dues (if I forget, which is usually) and then make our way to the beach. We'll sun and float in the water for a while till the sun gets too high, then hit the oyster shack and grab some beer and something to snack on, then, we'll mosey back up to the car, break out the food (we're not cookers.. although some people go nuts! We're more like good homemade italian heroes, and various salads. We always have enough to share) and eat, and then we'll play music with our friends in the handi-lot (there's always someone with a guitar, and I have my uke... we'll play till the bands in the lot get roaring. Then it's the pre-show entertainment- The band that plays is awesome-- and occasionally, you'll get visits from the Coral Reefers (Nadirah Shakoor tends to show up, which is awesome!)

So the lot is amazing, and then you get to go into the concert, and it's just starting to get cool, and everyone's dancing and having a great time...It's definitely not UWC, but it's a unique community all it's own.
oh man, we do the whole parking lot party here but Jones Beach just sounds like the best location ever.

five and a half hours after boarding, I have exited the freeway. Be home in 15 mins or so.

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

As a kid, what did you call your "down there"?

I was raised with "privates" for the general area, and peepee for the specific. I'm still a little boggled when I hear little kids say p-nis and v-gina. (Not sure if there's a censor on those.)

Australia.

Drive time to Kapolei estimated at 3 hours following Zip Mobile malfunction; Extra lanes opened for rush hour:
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/28680367/zip-mobile-stalled-near-waikele-causing-traffic-delays

The web address is: "Hawaii New Snow.com"

five and a half hours after boarding, I have exited the freeway. Be home in 15 mins or so.

Your total time is an hour longer than it takes me to drive to UWC.

That sounds amazing! And such a great memorable experience with your family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom