::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a question for all you soccer moms and athletic supporters out there. When I pick up Matt from soccer practice, a lot of the parents pull up as close as possible to the exit of the field even sometimes making it so nobody can get out because they are all blocked in every which way two or three deep. Are they worried that their kid will have to walk an extra 40 ft to the car?, is it a strategy to get out of there maybe 30 seconds sooner? has anyone else experienced this? is it the norm? am I imagining things?

I've got a question for all you soccer moms and athletic supporters out there. When I pick up Matt from soccer practice, a lot of the parents pull up as close as possible to the exit of the field even sometimes making it so nobody can get out because they are all blocked in every which way two or three deep. Are they worried that their kid will have to walk an extra 40 ft to the car?, is it a strategy to get out of there maybe 30 seconds sooner? has anyone else experienced this? is it the norm? am I imagining things?

No, I've never experienced that. But I have experienced parking lots that are insanely far from the soccer fields and softball diamonds. Makes it a PITA to carry equipment and chairs.

Reminds me of when the Griswolds arrive at Wally World, and Clark parks way out so they can be the first to leave.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd just played The Star Spangled Banner on guitar, at the Colt's game. Would be interesting if he showed up at the Slippery Noodle to play a set. I know they use to have open stage on Thursdays. Not sure if they still do. I've seen big names show up for that...so it wouldn't be unheard of.

I doubt you are imagining things. At my school, the doors don't open for the kids until 7:50. We have parents that get there by 7 just to be first in line to let their kids out. In the afternoon, we release kids at 2:50. Parents are often there before 2 just sitting in the car rider line so they can be first. SERIOUSLY? Every single day . . .

I doubt you are imagining things. At my school, the doors don't open for the kids until 7:50. We have parents that get there by 7 just to be first in line to let their kids out. In the afternoon, we release kids at 2:50. Parents are often there before 2 just sitting in the car rider line so they can be first. SERIOUSLY? Every single day . . .

I'm guilty of this. On the days I pick up Naomi, i try to go way early. I'd rather sit for 20 minutes that wait through the pick up line. I can be a patient person, but some folks just don't get the system. For real. They screw it up. I've even seen people literally park in the pickup line, in the middle of the street, to go find their kid. And everyone has to wait until they come back. So I go early to avoid the insanity. Plus, if I don't go early, I risk getting Naomi to her piano lesson on time. THAT'S a pet peeve of mine. I hate being late.

I stream KCCN from Hawaii in my classroom when the kids are cooking.

They are on about a 20 minute loop for the popular songs. Pretty annoying.

And sometimes it even seems like that loop has not changed in 5 years :)
Try 105.1 KINE for more traditional and contemporary Hawaiian or 98.5 for more popular Hawaiian - 100.3 and 93.1 for the Jawaiian reggae-ish stuff.

Time to pack, plane leaves tomorrow. We are thinking 2 days Grand Canyon, 1 day rest, 1 day Vegas strip wandering.

Then the work part of the trip starts.

The buffet at Caesar's Palace is expensive but worth it. Call ahead and see if GF exists there. Food is very high quality and not typical Vegas buffet fare.

Do you like chocolate? Jean Phillipe patisserie, two locations, one in the Bellagio and one in the Aria, again, totally worth it.
The Gordon Ramsey gastropub in Caesar's palace is also really good. Shepherd's pie - YUM.

Damnit!

We do all look alike.

I've got six Chinese girls in this class. All have long straight hair and glasses and they're all about the same height. Have no idea who is who. Never going to get these names right.

I have this problem in my office sometimes. I swear the entire admin department are clones of the same girl.

I have this problem in my office sometimes. I swear the entire admin department are clones of the same girl.

Our employee directory has photos, but they are small, facebook-sized headshots. Sometimes if I have to go visit someone in Admin I will "cheat" and look up their headshot on the employee directory first so I get the right girl. Sometimes it is no help at all, even the photos look alike!

Rain and thunder here! Really coming down. Lots of color in my little radar map today. This is the outskirts of Ignacio.
Yes, there will be rain for Craig & Sarah's wedding.

Just a little over 10 minutes ago it was dark & stormy.

Now the rain has stopped and I see patches of blue sky.

Go figure!

It will probably start raining again when I have to go wait for TheBus.

But this one will make it a mini!
Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom