::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafe Report:

Today is MineCraft day after school until bedtime. Epic Build. Massacre of zombies, skeletons, creepers and witches will occur.

Sat: Watching nephews basketball game followed by shave ice at the farmer's market and a nice lunch out somewhere. Then a trip to the local mom and pop bookstore to pick up grade appropriate stuff for James (he just tested at 5th grade reading level and all his books are like Magic Tree House level; read to your kids, it works :) ) Nothing planned for afternoon. Probably a little more MineCraft before we head to SF for a late birthday dinner for all of us at House of Prime Rib ::salivates::

Sun: James has a kiddie birthday party nothing planned.

Mon: Yay no school!!! but I have a lot of correcting to do.

Rafe Report:

Sat: Soccer game in the morning, hoping for a nap in the afternoon and maybe grill out after that.
Sun: Work around the homestead, maybe get some hives ready for winter and go fishing.
Mon: Do lots of nothing in particular.

Rafe Report:
Today was go see Dr. Probe. Then down the hall to get stuck. Hopefully that's good for another six months.
Today or tomorrow we are going to Potato Creek SP. Our daughter is camping there.
Sunday maybe over to Plymouth for the Blueberry fest etc.

I told a friend that I threw a 9.5 lb pernil into the oven. (that'd be a pork shoulder/callie/picnic roast. Scored and seasoned with lots of garlic and adobo.)

She asked "What army are you cooking for"... Just me, my boys, and husband. Plan is for 3 meals.

The way these dudes eat now (big guy is in that black hole of eating phase of a growth spurt, and the little guy is just a big eater, hubbs is a manly eater.. but he counts calories, and looks like he'll be in onederland before long)... I'm genuinely afraid that they'll legit eat me out of house and home.

Insane.

I've never heard it called a pernil. Sounds better than pork shoulder. The way you prepped it sounds amazing. When should we all be there?

Rafe report: Today...lunch and nap. I'm too tired to do anything else. Maybe practice my uke from the recliner. Wait on a call for an ultrasound referral.
Tomorrow: We normally go to a parade on Labor Day Weekend. North Salem has Old Fashion Days starting and it's nice but I will probably be going to Greenwood for an ultrasound. I tested negative for Mono, but my spleen is enlarged. So, dr wants an ultrasound...and she did a full panel of bloodwork. I'm sitting in my car, in my driveway. Too darn tired to walk inside... I know I sound pathetic.

Rafe Report:

Sat: Soccer game in the morning, hoping for a nap in the afternoon and maybe grill out after that.
Sun: Work around the homestead, maybe get some hives ready for winter and go fishing.
Mon: Do lots of nothing in particular.

Before the drought here I could grab my bass gear and have my line wet within 20 minutes.

Now if I want to fish I pretty much need to go to the beach to surf fish. Same amount of gear but it seems like a much bigger effort and a longer drive.

Before the drought here I could grab my bass gear and have my line wet within 20 minutes.

Now if I want to fish I pretty much need to go to the beach to surf fish. Same amount of gear but it seems like a much bigger effort and a longer drive.

Our rivers are pretty low too and the local reservior is getting low as well.

Rafe Report:
Today was go see Dr. Probe. Then down the hall to get stuck. Hopefully that's good for another six months.
Today or tomorrow we are going to Potato Creek SP. Our daughter is camping there.
Sunday maybe over to Plymouth for the Blueberry fest etc.

I have never heard of Potato Creek SP. But I love Plymouth. My aunt lives there.

I have never heard of Potato Creek SP. But I love Plymouth. My aunt lives there.

They are not a long way apart. Potato Creek is west of South Bend near highway 4 and 23 just east of North Liberty.

Rafe report: Today...lunch and nap. I'm too tired to do anything else. Maybe practice my uke from the recliner. Wait on a call for an ultrasound referral.
Tomorrow: We normally go to a parade on Labor Day Weekend. North Salem has Old Fashion Days starting and it's nice but I will probably be going to Greenwood for an ultrasound. I tested negative for Mono, but my spleen is enlarged. So, dr wants an ultrasound...and she did a full panel of bloodwork. I'm sitting in my car, in my driveway. Too darn tired to walk inside... I know I sound pathetic.

It's good that you are seeing the Dr. It sounds like there is something that needs to be looked into here? Take care.

They are not a long way apart. Potato Creek is west of South Bend near highway 4 and 23 just east of North Liberty.

My grandparents use to live on Lake Manitau (in Rochester) which is about 20 mins south of Plymouth.

I keep hearing low flying planes. They must be crop dusting.

It's good that you are seeing the Dr. It sounds like there is something that needs to be looked into here? Take care.

Thank you. Just trying to get to the bottom of it. I was feeling really good for a while. The best I have felt in years.

I've never heard it called a pernil. Sounds better than pork shoulder. The way you prepped it sounds amazing. When should we all be there?

Out here they call them a pork butt. No idea why. It's from the shoulder.

It's the latin version of it. I don't think you have a big PR/Cuban population in your neck of the woods.

Weekend Report.
On the road. I drove the first half ( the bad part) thru LA. Stopped for lunch at Denny's in Grapevine, for those of you that know the area. We'll be at our destination in a couple hours. The town is called Visalia, located in the Central Valley of the state.

A butt and a callie/picnic are 2 different cuts. The Callie comes from further down the leg. The butt's on top (spine to shoulder).
okay, that makes sense. I thought picnic hams were smaller, my mom used to buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom