::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a part of a uke group where you're the lone Hawaiian music lover? How does that happen? Where do your fellow uke'ers have their heads shoved?

Ha ha ha Dustin!!!! Yay, good to see you here. We miss you on the field. Some year you're going to have to bring that lovely woman back to visit us.

...and I don't mean to be an ukulele snob. Really.

All I want is to count out the time, start the song on key and put some new material in the set list we use at nursing homes.

Am I asking too much? Of course if those things happen I would probably find something else to want.
Sounds very reasonable to me.

How are you doing, Buddy? How's Kenda? I miss you around here - I like seeing the occasional FB update, but it's hard to curse Lucky Charms on FB without confusing a lot of people.
We're great! We moved to downtown Dallas a couple months ago. No longer stuck out in the 'burbs. Been playing uke a lot lately. Got them all dusted off. I have a pretty awesome patio that looks out at the city so it's fun to crack a beer and grab a uke and just hang out.

Yea, complaining about Lucky Charms wouldn't make much sense on FB. Speaking of Lucky Charms...have you had them lately? Deeeee-lish!

Ha ha ha Dustin!!!! Yay, good to see you here. We miss you on the field. Some year you're going to have to bring that lovely woman back to visit us.
Yea, we miss it too. Thought this year was going to be the one but we just moved and it just won't work out financially. And it crept up on us so quickly! Maybe next year. We definitely need to get back. Just need to plan better.

I'm tired.

I stayed up past my bedtime to watch the Hi*Sessions live show with Kalei Gamiao and Ashley Lilinoe.

Watching it again while I work right now.

Our uke group has a small cadre of "leaders", all of whom are also members of the Rochester Ukulele Orchestra. That is not necessarily a good thing, BTW. One of them is a fellow that I really like; a really nice guy. He has a lot of nice instruments, and is very enthusiastic. Because we play in unison, I have no idea how well he may (or may not) play the uke.

Recently he has begun acquiring ukulele basses. He's been a bass player "for years and years", he says. Played in lots of bands, played out at clubs and bars, yada, yada, yada. He has several amps, too, and has started being our uke group's bass player. He has stopped bringing ukes, and only brings an amp and a bass.

O. M. G. !! Find any garage band of 12 year olds, and you'll find a better bass player. This fella is bad...just plain bad. And, now that he's amplified, it really becomes apparent. It makes it hard to play, sometimes, when he is off tempo, or flat out playing the wrong notes.

He's SUCH a nice guy! I don't have the heart to tell him....

Yea, we miss it too. Thought this year was going to be the one but we just moved and it just won't work out financially. And it crept up on us so quickly! Maybe next year. We definitely need to get back. Just need to plan better.
I just looked at flights to Indianapolis and they're actually pretty decently priced...

We're great! We moved to downtown Dallas a couple months ago. No longer stuck out in the 'burbs. Been playing uke a lot lately. Got them all dusted off. I have a pretty awesome patio that looks out at the city so it's fun to crack a beer and grab a uke and just hang out.

Yea, complaining about Lucky Charms wouldn't make much sense on FB. Speaking of Lucky Charms...have you had them lately? Deeeee-lish!

Gag.

So...you've made your peace with Dallas?

Our uke group has a small cadre of "leaders", all of whom are also members of the Rochester Ukulele Orchestra. That is not necessarily a good thing, BTW. One of them is a fellow that I really like; a really nice guy. He has a lot of nice instruments, and is very enthusiastic. Because we play in unison, I have no idea how well he may (or may not) play the uke.

Recently he has begun acquiring ukulele basses. He's been a bass player "for years and years", he says. Played in lots of bands, played out at clubs and bars, yada, yada, yada. He has several amps, too, and has started being our uke group's bass player. He has stopped bringing ukes, and only brings an amp and a bass.

O. M. G. !! Find any garage band of 12 year olds, and you'll find a better bass player. This fella is bad...just plain bad. And, now that he's amplified, it really becomes apparent. It makes it hard to play, sometimes, when he is off tempo, or flat out playing the wrong notes.

He's SUCH a nice guy! I don't have the heart to tell him....

Another guy in the group has just gotten a u-bass, too. He brings it every week, and plays along while we play and sing. But, he plays it without an amp. He's just learning, and he knows it, and he's using the group as a learning tool. He's not bothering anybody, so no harm, no foul....

Bunker Friday is off today.

Bandage on one of the key fingers on the left hand.

I do have a song that is 95% the Am chord, but it's a country song...

At the music store last night, where they host our uke group, they had a sale going on. 25% off any new uke. I looked at what they had, and nothing jumped out at me. They have mostly Kalas, Makalas and Cordobas at the moment. I was tempted to buy a dolphin or a shark to keep in the car, but decided I would rather have a Waterman....and they didn't have any....

Another guy in the group has just gotten a u-bass, too. He brings it every week, and plays along while we play and sing. But, he plays it without an amp. He's just learning, and he knows it, and he's using the group as a learning tool. He's not bothering anybody, so no harm, no foul....
Maybe you should plug in him and unplug the other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom