::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rob? How was your trip? Did you make it to Turkey Run and get that Trail 3 shirt?

Great trip. The afternoons on the days was extremely humid, so limited activities then. No T shirt, but we did go a ways on trail 3, the canyon on the other side of the suspension bridge over the river. And we toured the Canyon Inn in the park. After that we went down to Rockville, and then Raccoon Lake SP and it was closed because of flooding. We drove around to the dam there and looked around though. Before that we went through McCormick's Creek SP, which was also nice.

***WARNING***

If you use a Visconti Traveling Inkwell and a TWSBI pen (even a mini) if you follow the instructions to empty the pen into the inkwell then draw ink back into the pen the inkwell will blow off the pen. Much significant cleaning of the mother-in-law's kitchen ensues. Not to mention the splashes on shirt, pants, legs, arms, hands, &c. Billy Mays better be right about that Oxy Clean.

Last edited:
***WARNING***

If you use a Visconti Traveling Inkwell and a TWSBI pen (even a mini) if you follow the instructions to empty the pen into the inkwell then draw ink back into the pen the inkwell will blow off the pen. Much significant cleaning of the mother-in-law's kitchen ensues. Not to mention the splashes on shirt, pants, legs, arms, hands, &c. Billy Mays better be right about that Oxy Clean.

Oh dear. Good luck!

Great trip. The afternoons on the days was extremely humid, so limited activities then. No T shirt, but we did go a ways on trail 3, the canyon on the other side of the suspension bridge over the river. And we toured the Canyon Inn in the park. After that we went down to Rockville, and then Raccoon Lake SP and it was closed because of flooding. We drove around to the dam there and looked around though. Before that we went through McCormick's Creek SP, which was also nice.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!! I heard that Racoon Lake was up all the way to 36!! And people were driving over it. Considering how high that bridge is and how you normally boat under it, it would freak me out to see it that high! I doubt it's that high now. McCormicks Creek is probably my favorite place to camp. My family went there, a lot, when I was a kid. I'd like to take Naomi there.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!! I heard that Racoon Lake was up all the way to 36!! And people were driving over it. Considering how high that bridge is and how you normally boat under it, it would freak me out to see it that high! I doubt it's that high now. McCormicks Creek is probably my favorite place to camp. My family went there, a lot, when I was a kid. I'd like to take Naomi there.

I had planed to go to Cages Mill, but by the time it was convenient to go there we were hot and tired so we just drove to Crawfordsville to the motel room. The problem with going to many places at a time is they seem to run together in your memory and only bad things will stand out. So if I can remember a problem then, the place must be great?

I had planed to go to Cages Mill, but by the time it was convenient to go there we were hot and tired so we just drove to Crawfordsville to the motel room. The problem with going to many places at a time is they seem to run together in your memory and only bad things will stand out. So if I can remember a problem then, the place must be great?

We call that Cataract Lake. It's probably my favorite. I love going there. We use to go fish there all the time when Scott's uncle was alive. He had land on that lake. Some of it was offered to us when he passed away but we turned it down. Long story. But anyways, his uncle was friends with my dad and I've been going down there my whole life. Cataract Falls is awesome, too. I could go on and on about that area. I just love it. I bet it's crazy flooded right now.

When Scott and I moved away from Brownsburg, that's an area we considered. I like Putnam County. We found a house with land in Poland, that we considered. It's very close to Cataract Lake. We chose Montgomery County because if we lived in the same school system as my stepson, we could have him 50% of the time. We knew it would only be for a short time, because he was already in high school, but it was important to Scott.

Rob, another nice area is near Poland, Indiana, called Wasatch Lake. It's not very well known. It's a small lake with these nice little cabins around it. Then there is a larger lodge building, too. It's real nice. I never knew about it until a couple years ago. My cousin got married there. I plan to go back.

But the coverage can be uneven.

Thanks for a chuckle.

I'm still relatively new to this, but every time I fill a pen and have an open bottle of ink on the table, I'm nervous as hell. It feels like an accident waiting to happen. I have one of those small bottles of Diamine that's narrow and slightly tall, and I've almost knocked it over a few times. I love the ink, but I'll never buy that bottle again.

***WARNING***

...my converter is coming in today. I have grand plans to put purple ink into my pen... Now you've got me all nervous. haha.

If I didn't want to get my pen all yucky, would it work if I used a syringe to fill it then put it into the pen?

I'm still relatively new to this, but every time I fill a pen and have an open bottle of ink on the table, I'm nervous as hell. It feels like an accident waiting to happen. I have one of those small bottles of Diamine that's narrow and slightly tall, and I've almost knocked it over a few times. I love the ink, but I'll never buy that bottle again.

Nervous is good.

Using the traveling inkwell you actually invert it on the pen to fill it. Fortunately, the inkwell was upright when it blew. There was enough ink left in it to fill the pen.

As the Calvinist said when he fell down the stairs, "I'm glad that's over with."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom