::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is Palm Sunday and Holy Week begins. I am going to try to unplug from so much computer time. So, I will be scarce for awhile beginning tomorrow . . .

I do. Just hope they believe me.

I'm sure they know. All moms worry about this. Especially when the kids hit milestones and gain more independence. Then when they move out, and hope they don't forget about you. You know they won't but you hear from them less. My stepson is grown and married with a baby on the way. They don't live very close and we wish we heard from him more...but he knows we love him.

I can't sing with this cold. But I can finally play my new uke, again. I gashed it last week and it finally healed. My thumb is still healing, but I can play. I have 2 songs I'm working on, that I would like to eventually record.

Maybe you could do it short and let the natural gray come in. You might like it.
I knew a guy that went gray at twenty years old.

Just a thought...

I really like it when women are prematurely grey. I find it to be very attractive, for some reason. Kind of like Emmy Lou Harris....

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday and Holy Week begins. I am going to try to unplug from so much computer time. So, I will be scarce for awhile beginning tomorrow . . .

Sometimes it's nice to unplug the technology for a while. I will miss you though, MamaJan! I look forward to your return!

That is kind of cool though. It can look cool the free spirit hair!

I am Jamie Lee Curtis grey... almost... but I am 35, I am not ready for that!

jamie-lee-curtis-short-hair.jpg

I'm tellin' ya, Miss Mim, there's something about prematurely grey women....

I really like it when women are prematurely grey. I find it to be very attractive, for some reason. Kind of like Emmy Lou Harris....

Emmy Lou Harris is beautiful. I love her music. Especially the stuff she did with Gram Parsons. Grievous Angel is one of my fave albums.

Feel better, Deb....

Thank you. I'm trying. I'm not as exhausted as I was this week. I managed to get some laundry done, and a trip to Walmart. The major spring cleaning can wait until tomorrow or next week. It will be easier to accomplish things when Naomi is in school, anyways.

In the "low maintenance" vein, I am also doing laser hair removal so I will eventually never have to shave again. Pits are pretty much done, legs are next. Wheeeee! :D

Now if I could just figure out a "permanent" solution for my eyebrows. I think Electrolysis is my only option for permanent shaping. Haven't looked into it yet though.

Basically I want my only maintenance to be bathing and brushing my hair. You know. Like a dude.

What is this strange thing of which you speak? I seem like I should have at least a vague memory....but, alas, it's gone....:D

Your transformation has been really inspiring to me, Mim! Hopefully mine will be to someone else. The TBUG pics were the kicker for me. I didn't want to realize how much comfort eating I had been doing over mom's worst period in the hospital. (Though I don't want to blame my weight on her health problems - my body is my responsibility, and I'm not a victim of circumstances. I had been letting it slide prior to that as well, just not as bad.)

So now I'm down 20lbs and deadlifting over 100. Looking at my calendar, I've been dropping about a pound a week for the last couple months. My pants are falling off my bum and I have some pretty fun new muscles.

Good for you, Freeds!!

Emmy Lou Harris is beautiful. I love her music. Especially the stuff she did with Gram Parsons. Grievous Angel is one of my fave albums.

For whatever reason, I'm not very familiar with her music. I think she's beautiful, and obviously talented, but most of her music escaped me, somehow....

My Amazon yarn order arrived today, four days ahead of what they estimated. It still took ten days to get here from NYC. Now I can finally finish that hat....

For whatever reason, I'm not very familiar with her music. I think she's beautiful, and obviously talented, but most of her music escaped me, somehow....

She has tons of it. You should look some up on YouTube. I love most of her stuff. I think the work she did with Gram Parsons is very special. You are probably familiar with the song Love Hurts... Nazareth's cover is the most popular...if you want to hear a song that you already know, the Gram Parsons/Emmy Lou Harris is my fave cover of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom